Repositioning a mounting box

JonB said:
I do most humbly apologize for trying to put a bit of humour into the posting, It appears some take Racial abuse a bit to seriously, it was only a bit of FUN.
JonB

I'm sorry that I take racial abuse "a bit to [sic] seriously". (Can you take it a little seriously?). I don't find that FUN, and neither would you if you were the target of that FUN.

Your apology would sound more sincere if you weren't so sarcastic.

Sponsored Links
you can get extension rings for the metal backboxes.. they just screw on to the existing backbox and bring it out further..

I am struggling to find a link though..
will post one when I find one..

Sponsored Links
ColJack said:
you can get extension rings for the metal backboxes.. they just screw on to the existing backbox and bring it out further..

I am struggling to find a link though..
will post one when I find one..

Do you mean like the skellington boxes you get for conduit boxes?

I've not seen these for flush steel boxes.

Another thing to try is expanding foam in the gap, (Probably best to use the fire rated stuff) and once it is cured trim it back to just below flush with the plasterboard surface, then filler over it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back