Restoring your railways

"We've had ten years of damaging Tory governments, so let's vote Tory and things will improve."

Sponsored Links
Its pointless frothing about politics with someone who does not agree with your politics. The last labour leader who stood as candidate for PM would have been disastrous for this country. The current labour leader simply doesn't know what to say to maximise the broadness of his reach.

Under this Tory government, I've been surprised how central/left their policies have been. Money for people hard hit by covid, Taxes hitting the rich rather than increasing consumption tax, a green agenda, corporation tax, some fairly innovative international deals and a bit of **** taking on the French. What is not to love.

Let's face it, whoever's in charge will always take a beating no matter what they do

Its pointless frothing about politics with someone who does not agree with your politics. The last labour leader who stood as candidate for PM would have been disastrous for this country. The current labour leader simply doesn't know what to say to maximise the broadness of his reach.

Under this Tory government, I've been surprised how central/left their policies have been. Money for people hard hit by covid, Taxes hitting the rich rather than increasing consumption tax, a green agenda, corporation tax, some fairly innovative international deals and a bit of **** taking on the French. What is not to love.

Wait on. You are saying central/left policies are better than Right wing policies. :eek:

NI is hitting the lower earners unless they are exempt? :cautious:

Sponsored Links
I thought I'd never say this but I would honestly rather have Thatcher and her Government back in than Dhead Boris and his bunch of money-grabbing greedy immoral wasters.

Humberside has 10 MPS - 7 Tory 3 Labour. The Tories gained 2 seats in the last election. Humberside deserves everything it gets, its been left off the map for decades but they keep voting the same way. They will get electrification after we colonise Mars. (y)
Humberside doesn't exist.
But yes, electrification of our rail line/mars colonisation - which will come first?

NI is hitting the lower earners unless they are exempt? :cautious:

Oh we don't care about them... Their foreigners anyway on a seperate island... Cannon fodder or pawns if you will... We just tell them what they want to hear they'll be ok...

*Note the above is a sarcastic joke and should not be taken as an example of my personal view

Humberside doesn't exist.
But yes, electrification of our rail line/mars colonisation - which will come first?

We won't need railways by the time electrification comes, we will all be flying in our jetcars.

Who needs slow electric trains when jetcars are just over the horizon.

Oh we don't care about them... Their foreigners anyway on a seperate island... Cannon fodder or pawns if you will... We just tell them what they want to hear they'll be ok...

*Note the above is a sarcastic joke and should not be taken as an example of my personal view

It's funny you should say that.

The Conservative Government's proposals for Social Care reform have been published. They help the rich, and are worse for the rest of us.

"The UK government has been accused of leaving poorer households worse off after it removed “a central element of progressivity” in its highly anticipated social care reform.

Sir Andrew Dilnot, architect of the original blueprint for the reforms, told the Treasury select committee that the changes, specifically rejected as unfair by his commission a decade ago, were “very disappointing”. He warned that anybody with assets of less than £186,000 — about 60 per cent of people who end up needing social care — would be worse off under the changes, which were published on Wednesday night."

FT.com

Our government wants to give financial help to the rich and take from the poor.

What next? Free doughnuts to the obese?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So you admit Boris is the worst option.
Yep. Best of a bad bunch. I’ve never said he was perfect and I have said before that I voted him in because he promised to deliver what the electorate voted for while others were just stalling. He’s done his job and I won’t be bothered if he’s replaced if it’ll stop you bleating but that will never happen. (You bleating, not Boris being replaced).

Many people have the good sense to recognise that running the country is a serious job that needs someone competent and honest.

Only a fool would want the job entrusted to a notorious lying buffoon, taking a break from his main career of writing humorous fiction and misleading propaganda, treating it as a part-time prestige performance, and surrounded by second-class acolytes because he got rid of or ignores everyone who is honest and sensible.

see above.

Yep. Best of a bad bunch. I’ve never said he was perfect and I have said before that I voted him in because he promised to deliver what the electorate voted for...
Best of a bad bunch? And what exactly did he promise? £350m for the NHS? Where's that gone, then? And "oven ready deal" from a man who didn't understand what a customs union is? A man who said "**** business" - well, he's certainly delivered on that! I somehow doubt that you are old enough to have lived through the period when we really were the "sick man of Europe" - and now you want to return to those days? It is just unbelievable how naive you are. We don't have an empire any more, we are no longer a world power, we don't have a "world-beating" manufacturing sector, we have almost no oil left but hey, we are the brst place in the world for oligarcs to launder their dirty money, Boris Johnsom and his supporters like you have made this country into a laughing stock. But of course, as all you read is tripe like the Daily Mail, I wouldn't expect that you realise that.

Someone else said that they'd rather have Thatcher back. I hated her, but at least she fought for this country rather than putting her derriere in the air and letting every corrupt little oligarc stick it to her. Just how much money do you think Boris and his chums have got for selling us down the river?

Best of a bad bunch? And what exactly did he promise?
Well, all the other bloke was promising was free broadband for everyone. Like I said, best of a bad bunch. Sometimes the only choices are between those who you think are going to **** things up the least.

Sponsored Links
Back