Reusable backbox plastering guide?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone using these?

Looks like a nice idea, if it works.

backboxpic2sml.png

This guide fits flush to the edges of the back box and enables you to fill the gaps around the back box easily and quickly without getting filler/plaster inside the back box, then plaster is simply left to dry and the guide is removed

Sponsored Links
I didnt post the full instructions for use in case I got accused of spaming ;) but the guide is greased before use and left for the plaster to dry then the guide is flexed away from the plaster before removal. The center bridge bit on doubles is removable.

Looks like something you'd find in the "Betaware" catalogue that pops through the door every month. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well I think I will give them a try, the plasterers made such a meal of the walls in my recent extension that the area around most of my boxes look like bomb craters so I have a fair bit of tidying up to do.
Richard C will remember the saga...

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198965&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Thanks ban for the link, I knew I had seen them somewhere before but my search didnt include sinking plastic boxes ;)

You used to be able to buy them at your local Woolies - around ten to a Pound or something like that - they had an excellent DIY department in their larger stores. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I got sent a free sample of one of these. I think it was a different make, but the same idea. Never actually found the need to use it yet :LOL:

Is it oven proof silicone rubber?

Could you knock up a couple of square chocolate soufflés at break time?

With it sticking out of the wall how does the plasterer get the area round the socket nice and smooth?

I accept that some plaster os going inot the box and trim it out with a knife after the plaster has been smoothed but before it has gone hard.

Nice flat smooth surround and clean box.

With it sticking out of the wall how does the plasterer get the area round the socket nice and smooth?
No self respecting plasterer would use one of those. I assume they are aimed at non plasters, handyman & DIY for doing localised filler repairs around new boxes/cable runs, not when replastering a whole wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back