Reusable Masks

Sponsored Links
There was a plumber on the daily mail who was looking for a new face mask in a woman's bedroom.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

Andy!! I heard about that. What the hell was going on in his head. Weirdo.

Sponsored Links
There was a plumber on the daily mail who was looking for a new face mask in a woman's bedroom.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

Was his day job fixing leaks in the DM building; or was he there to report on plumbing issues affecting the country? Or the effects of bad plumbing on Brexit?

Apologies for being very slow to realise that you MUST crowbar Brexit into every thread, but I'm on it now.

Here's an interesting snippit from a news item regarding a mask advert.

Not for the advert or actual mask, but for the comment from PHE which I have made bold ...

The Advertising Standards Authority said the advert was misleading because it implied the mask had a protective benefit for the wearer.

However, Public Health England has said wearing a face mask does not protect the wearer but may protect others around them.

The ASA said: "Marketers of face coverings and masks should not mislead consumers about the capabilities of their products, for example by giving the impression they would protect the wearer when there was little evidence that this was the case.
"

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...t-banned-over-destroying-germs-claim-12129642

Why not double up? Where are simple washable cloth mask first, with disposal mask with better filtration on it (N95?) on top. If you are not going out much, the disposable one will last weeks this way.

But if you're sensible, keep your mouth and nose covered and keep a safe distance from others, you should be OK whatever you wear. Just make sure you wash your hands, and then your face after hands or sanitised, when you get home. Hang masks up and the virus should die off in a few days if there is any. In the summer I kept mask and gloves on the dashboard so the sun would sanitise them. Sunny windowsill a good place now.

Why not double up? Where are simple washable cloth mask first, with disposal mask with better filtration on it (N95?) on top. If you are not going out much, the disposable one will last weeks this way.
Because it wouldn't work. The straps for the cloth one will get in the way of a good seal, and without the seal the N95 is useless, the seal would be even worse if the cloth itself is outside the N95.

Plus it's be hot, harder to breathe through and you'd look silly. Very important that last bit.

There is a conspiracy theory thread that has been started. mebbe you lot should be posting there.

Not really, it's been said, they don't offer you personally much if any protection but they offer some protection against you spreading it. I'm not an anti masker.

One of the silliest things I've seen during this period of mass hysteria is smokers taking their masks off to have a fag, then putting the mask back on when they've finished.

They wouldn't want to breathe anything harmful in, would they?

Sponsored Links
Back