Reuseing collated screws??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone had any experience of re-using the plastic strips and putting screws in once it's been used?

I've been asked to help a mate out with plasterboarding out an extension, and he's got all the drywall screws (loose), I was wondering if we could sit (and be bored) and fill up a few strips, secure the boards up to the ceilings. Was thinking it would reduce the time the boards are sat resting on my swede, more than the time to do the whole job.!

Sponsored Links
I could think of a more constructive way to completely waste my time :rolleyes: Just........

In answer to the first comment, yes.. has anyone every refilled the plastic strip with screws/ know if it's possible to for an autofeed drywall screw gun.

In answer to the second comment. Feel free, but thats not really an a constructive answer to a perfectly legitimate question is it?

Sponsored Links
Why not make up a couple of deadmen to hold up the board that way it wont be balanced on your head and you wont need to try to refill the strips

is that constructive enough for you? :LOL:

:D that was in fact going to be "plan B"...

Just wondered if it would be possible. He's alredy got the screws, but i have access to an autofeed, so if it's possible i was thinking make up a couple of strips, lift the board, attach it with the autofeeder, then go back and secure it.

Might seem a bit long winded at first but there was method in the madness (honest) was just being tight realy and did'nt want to fork out for a box of colleted screws and have more loose one left over.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back