Rewire or not to rewire?

Has he deleted his profile or something?

Also thanks for all the advice guys? Really appreciate it. Now to sort the bathroom and kitchen!

Also is a spark allowed to touch the main fuse/meter tails if they advise Electricity Northwest or does the DNO need to do it? Or does a decent spark isolate the supply in some other way when changing a CU?

Craig

Sponsored Links
I think you can, apart from the ones given by liars and idiots.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And Uxbridge is not in London, it's in Middlesex.
1) It is in the London Borough of Hillingdon

2) Middlesex has not existed, except as an optional part of postal addresses, for 45 years, and even the latter has now gone - the Royal Mail removed postal county data from the Postcode database in 2000.

I think you can, apart from the ones given by liars and idiots.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And Uxbridge is not in London, it's in Middlesex.

Holmslaw, I know I get things wrong sometimes (and will :oops: if appropriate ), but your not having a good time at the moment
The County of Middlesex disappeared in 1965 ;)
Couple of days ago you advised an OP that it didn't matter which way you wired a pendant lamp - you assumed it had a bayonet fitting - it was an edison fitting. :eek:
Yesterday you quoted maximum demand in kw and got that figure wrong!

Buck up man :!:

Sponsored Links
Has he deleted his profile or something?

I don't know, he hasn't been on here since by the seems of it. After looking at his website i'm happy you have made the correct descision. He may have been banned for all of the free advertising he was trying on through the forum.

After looking at his website i'm happy you have made the correct descision.

I absolutely agree. I see he is in the practice of with holding certificates which is prohibited by the NICEIC, his scheme provider.

1) It is in the London Borough of Hillingdon

2) Middlesex has not existed, except as an optional part of postal addresses, for 45 years, and even the latter has now gone - the Royal Mail removed postal county data from the Postcode database in 2000.

It's still here in our hearts.

Ah - well I lived in Bucks until after it was abolished, so I've never really known it.

I absolutely agree. I see he is in the practice of with holding certificates which is prohibited by the NICEIC, his scheme provider.

Didn't realise that wasn't allowed. I suppose it makes sense as if one of their member does a shoddy job and the person has the certs then they can take action etc.

Also after today I am so so glad that we are having a rewire! As yesterday we cleared 23 years worth of crap from our loft and spotted such shocking wiring in the eaves and to top it off an open live isolator box! At first we thought it was dead until it was knocked and the red light came on on it! Eek!

I might take some pics of the shoddy wiring that we've been living with for 20 years soon!

Didn't realise that wasn't allowed. I suppose it makes sense as if one of their member does a shoddy job and the person has the certs then they can take action etc.

Also after today I am so so glad that we are having a rewire! As yesterday we cleared 23 years worth of crap from our loft and spotted such shocking wiring in the eaves and to top it off an open live isolator box! At first we thought it was dead until it was knocked and the red light came on on it! Eek!

I might take some pics of the shoddy wiring that we've been living with for 20 years soon!

Where did this bit appear on this thread, what page, I can' find it

Regards

Martin

Sorry, it was in the terms and conditions on his website.

http://www.house-electrician.com/Price-Guide.php said:
NICEIC Electrical Installation Certification, Building Control notification and Guarantees provided will not be provided until after full payment has been cleared by our bank.

Also, he will actually be issuing a Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate, as he is a domestic installer, and NOT an approved contractor.

http://www.house-electrician.com/Price-Guide.php said:
NICEIC Electrical Installation Certification, Building Control notification and Guarantees provided will not be provided until after full payment has been cleared by our bank.
An interesting stand-off, because the job isn't finished until the certificate is issued, so he's demanding payment in full before he's finished the job.

It's a clever thing to do as the only reason someone wont pay is because they are not happy and as far as I know the NICEIC will not do anything without a certificate. The whole beauty of the NICEIC (at least with aprooved contractors) is that if the customer has an issue with the work thats been completed they will send out somone to assess the work and if it doesn't comply where it should then they will rectify it.

Oh thats good then, as the company I've gone for is an Approved Contractor aswell as an NICEIC registered domestic installer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back