Rewiring Shed

MD, is that a standard ballasted lamp? Does it humm a lot? Mine do, and drive me mad. They flicker too. Think i'll plump for electronic ones next time :)

Sponsored Links
mdbalson wrote

I am going to rewire the shed and just wanted to make sure that I did it right.

You would be better of doing it wrong m8 and letting it all burn down.
The timber looks rotten anyway. :(

Balenza said:
mdbalson wrote

I am going to rewire the shed and just wanted to make sure that I did it right.

You would be better of doing it wrong m8 and letting it all burn down.
The timber looks rotten anyway. :(

What timber looks rotten :?: The inside timber is just water stained from an old leak.

Crafty said:
MD, is that a standard ballasted lamp? Does it humm a lot? Mine do, and drive me mad. They flicker too. Think i'll plump for electronic ones next time :)

I think that it is a standard ballasted lamp, it is made by GET & was about £10 from Wilkinson. (It is the same as the loft light)

It hums a little bit, but you can not really hear it when the radio is on.

Sponsored Links
I'm struggling to get hold of white conduit (and accessories).
Some bloke bought every bit he could find to wire up a shed. :)

Just a few observations - probably been raised before but ffs 7 pages for a shed rewire.

1 Why have you run the conduit below the Sockets, when there is such a small gap. You would have been better running it so it entered the back boxes from the side.

2 Why have you used white, because in that environment it's going to look shabby really quickly.

3 You need practice working with conduit. Some of those bends look like they were squashed into shape. Keep it warm and it bends easily. This would also mean you wouldn't need to use so many inspection elbows.
Also, you don't need so many saddles for such small runs.

4 The conduit seems a bit full in places (but this may be due to the photos). There are regs governing the number of conductors allowed in conduit.

scousespark said:
I'm struggling to get hold of white conduit (and accessories).
Some bloke bought every bit he could find to wire up a shed. :)

Just a few observations - probably been raised before but ffs 7 pages for a shed rewire.

I am making a new post at the moment for the pictures of how I rewired the shed

scousespark said:
1 Why have you run the conduit below the Sockets, when there is such a small gap. You would have been better running it so it entered the back boxes from the side.

I did it that way so that if I ever need to replace any of the socket back boxes, it is easy to do so, with out having to remove the wires from the conduit.

scousespark said:
2 Why have you used white, because in that environment it's going to look shabby really quickly.

3 You need practice working with conduit. Some of those bends look like they were squashed into shape. Keep it warm and it bends easily. This would also mean you wouldn't need to use so many inspection elbows.
Also, you don't need so many saddles for such small runs.

The 25mm conduit did not bend very well, even with the 25mm bending spring in it & it being done on a hot day.

scousespark said:
4 The conduit seems a bit full in places (but this may be due to the photos). There are regs governing the number of conductors allowed in conduit.

The maximum no. of cables that I have put in the 20mm conduit is 6 for the Ring circuits, & 5 for the Lighting circuit.

The 25mm has 10 cables in it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back