Ridiculous flaw in the Drayton Wiser system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I came accross what I consider a ridiculous flaw in the Drayton Wiser system which I have requested Drayton to address.

I had deactivated the schedules for all rooms while the system was being worked on so no rooms had an assigned climate schedule. The system had been fine in this off state for around 5 days when all of sudden an additional new set of default schedules appeared and activated themselves with no user input or warning, the system just enabled itself with its own new set of schedules starting at 06:30AM.

The auto added additional schedules were all a system default, Drayton initially said it was a design feature, to which I called bull* and said its a design flaw and they said they will feed it back to the developers.

I also asked Drayton how long after deactivating a room schedule the system would take to decide to add its own schedule and enable it, they said they don't know, so its clearly not any design feature at all, in my case it took about 5 days to add its own set of additional default schedules.

The reason for this post is to warn users that if you leave rooms turned off with no schedule assigned they will not stay in that off state, the system, after some unknown time period will add its own additional schedules to those rooms without warning and enable them.

Sponsored Links
Interesting. I've always either used Away mode or just switched 'Follow Schedule' off on whichever zones I want to stay at a very low setpoint.
It's likely a database thing- might put it on my list of Things to Investigate. I think there was a firmware update recently for either valves or hub- have you applied it?

Interesting. I've always either used Away mode or just switched 'Follow Schedule' off

If you just turn 'follow schedule' off it does stay off, I did that but also unticked the rooms from their schedules, the schedules were still programmed in the system but not allocated a to any rooms.

I thought it was belt and braces to turn off follow schedule and also then untick the room from the schedule completely. However, in this case the system will add its default schedules at some point (even Drayton don't know when) and will auto enable them also turning follow schedule on. It creates a new duplicate room schedule for every room with its defaults and enables them all, I had 6 new room schedules appear with duplicate names but default settings and all were enabled.

Of course the workaround is to make sure a room always has a schedule assigned but I have asked Drayton to address this as I don't believe the system should add multiple duplicate room schedules with Drayton default times and temperatures then auto enable them with no user input or warning.

Sponsored Links
Woodpeckerx do you still have the wiser system installed? I have similar issues and I am seeking to consolidate information so we can al benfit from getting things fixed.

If you are able to run some tests then please look at my post on this forum.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back