Riello RDB not firing

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Just had oil delivered after leaving the tank empty for the summer (I know not ideal), asked the guy to bleed it, which he said he did (I had turned it on for him) but noticed after a hour the rads still where not heating (after checking the water wasn't hot either), went to check boiler, seems to be fully bled but will not fire when reset button is pressed (no noise or reaction at all), yet it's distinctly warm, and we cleaned the photo sensor and that made no difference, even tried reset button on thermostat still nothing happens when reset button is pressed, or held down. (it's a Riello RDB by the way). I have no idea what's wrong with it, but it obviously was on for a bit because it's gotten hot. Any ideas on how to get it working. Also I'm in rented so if I contact the land lord to fix it, it could take days, but also not going to pay out myself due to this, hoping I can sort it myself please

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It could well need bleeding again, but are there any lights lit on the boiler anywhere......especially the lock out lamp on the burner itself?
What is the boiler make?
John :)

There are no lights on it anywhere as far as I can see to be lit... Riello RDB is the only name/make I have for it

Not even on the boiler casing, at all? It sounds like the boiler is timed or thermostatically switched off, but there should be illumination somewhere.
Riello RDB is the make and type of the burner only, not the boiler.
John :)

Sponsored Links
In the house there are two thermostats which I turned up hight to make sure it should come on, and the timer switch which I overrode to ON (has been off all summer), but the bit outside (which I thought was the boiler, though could be using wrong term) is a metal box the side comes off, with the Riello RDB in it, grey thermostat box and pipes/tubing, and on the other side there is a vent

Could be it has gone out on overheat. If you have the grey box thermostat as in the example picture, unscrew the black cap and press the reset.

Got the local bloke to have a look at it, the pump had jammed because it hadn't been used all summer, fixed now though, thank you all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back