Riot payouts to hit £300 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
£300 million for a few broken windows might be ridiculous. But it's rather more than a few broken windows.

Sponsored Links
I'm telling you that £300 million is ridiculous for a few broken windows. Do you agree?
It depends on the number of windows. I'm telling you that £300million is an unsubstantiated estimate.

You could re-glaze the whole of London for that. When you've got something to say about the £300 million - then get back to me. Until you can prove me wrong - I win (as usual). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You could re-glaze the whole of London for that. When you've got something to say about the £300 million - then get back to me. Until you can prove me wrong - I win (as usual). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
OK - I've got something to say about the £300million. It's a random and unsubstantiated guess of the final total payout.

Sponsored Links
Why pay ANYTHING, it's London who gives a toss?
Indeed, why do Londoners generate wealth and then share it with the unproductive and draining North East?
I'm sure your pal up here will be more than delighted to hear you slagging him off.
Is that my banking pal :LOL: :LOL:
He's your pal, I have no idea what his profession is but if you say he's 'unproductive and draining' who am I to argue? Do you have any productive pals? Oh that's right, they'll be living in that vital organ of the British economy, Manchester.

Hello Pot, Kettle here.

a Mill, doesn't mean 1 million... it's an old term for 100,000 !!!

Never heard of that one before. Mill was used sometimes in old British accounting to mean 1/1000th of a pound, and is still in fairly common in the U.S. as 1/1000th of a dollar (i.e. one-tenth of a cent) for things like property tax calculations. It's not to be confused with the mil, which is the same as a thou - 0.001 inch.

Then there was the milliard, an older term for one thousand million.

a Mill, doesn't mean 1 million... it's an old term for 100,000 !!!

Never heard of that one before. Mill was used sometimes in old British accounting to mean 1/1000th of a pound, and is still in fairly common in the U.S. as 1/1000th of a dollar (i.e. one-tenth of a cent) for things like property tax calculations. It's not to be confused with the mil, which is the same as a thou - 0.001 inch.

Then there was the milliard, an older term for one thousand million.

Apologies Paul... my post was a joke, as i'd miscalculated in a previous post !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back