Riot police deployed

I think we still don't know, but that's the main point- we need to know how this virus works before we can think about going back to normal

That's the aspect that bugs me. The west seems to be adopting an attitude that it can't be beaten. It seems to be largely economically biased. Eg can't stop it from arriving. Airport etc controls from effected countries no use as some passengers will have visited other countries on the way or might choose to go to a country where flights to here are allowed. Only answer would be to stop all travel into the country early. The plan also mentions that 70% of arrivals will go to major population centres around the entire country so it will spread. No thoughts about travel restrictions in the UK but needed when the standard depress the infection curve methods are applied. This as they see it is the way to go.

So say we have a vaccine. How effective it is depends on how long the immunity lasts and if the virus is still around. The results of that approach could still be a long way from normality. How can social distancing go if 65million people might need regular jabs? If the virus has gone they don't need jabs or some wonder pill or magic bullet that makes recovery easier. The virus can't exist without hosts.

Sponsored Links
I guess if we get a vaccine it will be like strains of flu and be including in the annual jab that many people have (I always get a flu jab, currently have to pay).

Anything is better than this approach - ie put on your Clark Kent specs and be an economic hero!

I guess if we get a vaccine it will be like strains of flu and be including in the annual jab that many people have (I always get a flu jab, currently have to pay)

I get one each Nov as flu is a winter problem and travels around on that basis. Complete long term immunity isn't possible hence yearly jabs - they guess which one will arrive and hold small stocks of the worst variant.

CV19 doesn't seem to care about the weather.

Sponsored Links
Have you never complained about poor service from an organisation?

I have with utilities - turned out the only people who could contact enough areas was those that deal with complaints. Took a while to get to that stage though.

Do you mean when they are earning less than £26k?
Money has nothing to do with it. Including those dicks smoking their tacky looking Lambos up the high st out the front of Harrods bought for them by very Mum n Dad with zero respect.. Get my point?

Anything is better than this approach - ie put on your Clark Kent specs and be an economic hero!

There seems to be a bit of a shift in the economic attitude aspects of late now having been faced with reality. Hunt - Not a good idea to use an under prepared flu handling plan to handle diseases such as CV19. Hunt is the one that quizzes the experts etc.

Hunt seems to think tracking will allow them to open pubs again. I find that worrying but suspect it depends on how big and packed pubs are and the R value and how many get noticeable symptoms etc also the distribution of mobile phones.

A nice situation to really ease seems to be < 10 new infections a day which means getting back to levels it starts at and doing it properly this time round.

Money has nothing to do with it.
Well you are at odds with priti nasty...

Under £26k = 'unskilled' and not wanted.
Over £26k = 'skilled' and wanted.

What would be your exact definition of 'negative impact on our country'?
And how exactly would you police/enforce it?

Well you are at odds with priti nasty...

Under £26k = 'unskilled' and not wanted.
Over £26k = 'skilled' and wanted.

What would be your exact definition of 'negative impact on our country'?
And how exactly would you police/enforce it?

See Bradford Birmingham etc sh'tholes turned into Mosque cities concrete gardens for extra cars no regard for British values 'init bruv'

See Bradford Birmingham etc sh'tholes turned into Mosque cities concrete gardens for extra cars no regard for British values 'init bruv'
Ah, so the 'negative impact' you talk about can be put down to race/religion?

Many of those people of course are as we speak helping keep the NHS running, and some have indeed died.

But then of course that must be a 'negative impact' :rolleyes:

Ah, so the 'negative impact' you talk about can be put down to race/religion?

Many of those people of course are as we speak helping keep the NHS running, and some have indeed died.

But then of course that must be a 'negative impact' :rolleyes:

I am equally very sorry for families of any one person irrespective of their race religion origin who have lost loved ones helping cure others in hospitals, they should all be protected 101% from this horrible disease.

Birmingham etc sh'tholes

Really? Clearly you have never been here.

Birmingham is even more ethnically diverse than London, the country's capital city. The 2001 census confirmed that 70.4% of the people of Birmingham were white, 19.5% were Asian, 6.1% were Black, 0.5 were Chinese, 2.5% were mixed race, and 0.6 were of another ethnic group.

That will have shifted as eastern europeans will have arrived but not in enormous numbers. I'd say Chinese would be up as well.

You remind me of some one who pitied B'ham due to covid spread - his own area was worse.

The only thought I sometime have when driving through one area is that one group has a hole in the floor of their car so they can walk the dog while driving. All clean and tidy though. Another that may have changed as not been their for several years that really is truly mixed is wondering why they get away with parking all over the place especially as the same road in some areas has red lines meaning can't stop there for any reason even if the car breaks down.

As B'ham through and through I've always thought it could be best to keep the fact that it's not a bad place to live dead quiet to prevent more coming here. Jobs not so good as they used to be but that's the same everywhere.

Sponsored Links
Back