Riot police deployed

As usual the UK is an example to the rest of Europe

What, of how to willfully allow a deadly virus to spread through the population? The government insisted that herd immunity was the best policy, but now it seems there will be no immunity.

Reports of more burglaries now, only a matter of time before we need riot police too.

Sponsored Links
What, of how to willfully allow a deadly virus to spread through the population? The government insisted that herd immunity was the best policy, but now it seems there will be no immunity.

Reports of more burglaries now, only a matter of time before we need riot police too.

Where did the government 'insist' herd immunity was best policy?

Sponsored Links
And here's s video of the government advisor saying "herd immunity". They cocked up.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11164977/millions-uk-coronavirus-herd-immunity/

Worst place on the planet to get any information on anything. The man did mention herd immunity and that they were relying on it - that needs a lot of qualification, No info on if there is any or how long it lasts if there is any and an assumption that home testing could be done easily. If that was possible it would give them direct info rather quickly that really is needed, It isn't currently possible so pillar 4 testing instead but expected to run for 12month in total and many months before it can be useful.

I think the same paper mention that Boris was frightened by catching it and has become hesitant. Anything to stir things up - that's why the paper appeals to some.

Worst place on the planet to get any information on anything. The man did mention herd immunity and that they were relying on it - that needs a lot of qualification, No info on if there is any or how long it lasts if there is any and an assumption that home testing could be done easily. If that was possible it would give them direct info rather quickly that really is needed, It isn't currently possible so pillar 4 testing instead but expected to run for 12month in total and many months before it can be useful.

I think the same paper mention that Boris was frightened by catching it and has become hesitant. Anything to stir things up - that's why the paper appeals to some.

i don't read that paper, only shared because it was the only copy of that video i could find.

i don't read that paper, only shared because it was the only copy of that video i could find.

It's a source that personally makes me wonder if China media is a better option. Joke a I suppose we have to put up with contentious reporting of all of them at times. But that one - and it sells papers or did. I haven't bought any papers for years largely down to a local rag - the B'ham Mail where I knew exactly what was going on on a few things that they reported - and many others.

Other than herd immunity what solution does anyone anticipate coming in the next 9-12 months? Are we locking down for another 3 weeks, another 3 months or until we find a cure?

There are mutterings now that relaxation too soon will be worse for the economy. They have said social distancing is here to stay. They have also moved on their stance about people coming into the country - asked to isolate for 14days and may be checked. Those are the only cases China has had. They makes sure such people are. Some are suggesting the same should be done here - hotel take over sort of thing.

They have said that some companies have sorted out isolation and are working. Expect more of the same. Singapore didn't, sent people to work in shifts instead. Numbers are low but not going away. There testing levels per head are enormous compared with others. They may have prevented people from coming in now also S Korea.

So when businesses say they want details to plan they are full of sh#t really as fine if they can arrange for isolation. A hairdresser with lots of seats expects a rush in May. Wonder who would go to one and maybe queues outside :cry: Tears is my response to a lot of the queries in this area as they should be able to work it out themselves.

The tracking ap will have more people isolating than the person who thinks they have symptoms if many are moving around. No testing so may or may not have the real thing.

They reckon the herd data will take 12months to be of any use - 6000 people study. From memory 10x that test currently. ;) Might have been 100x, Didn't care as no info on results so far.

I've always wondered if a China style run it out is the best answer to the economy even if it needs police running around with big fishing nets on poles to catch people. :) Close Wimbledon roofs turn the air con on and stick em all in and throw food to them.

I also wonder why people need to come here. Business like face to face but given the current situation? Until some one has done lots of visits like they they tend so be seen as a jolly so take wife and family as well if possible.

If the virus is run out in some countries then no problem with people movement between them - providing they don't stop over where there is some. That shouldn't take much to sort out also help ensure all did the same.

As things stand at the moment they would have to get it 100% right to remove lock down. Lock down is mostly social distancing and near 14m people isolating due to age.

Retail clearly has a problem for some time to come. Larger ones out of food can only switch to mail order. I though a 2nd freezer would be a good idea - could I buy one - no not from where I could usually buy one - long delivery times instead so direct from the distributor. I wish those would cut the middle man out. Teach them a lesson.

Unemployment will go up what ever is done and already has. What they have done will help in many cases but not all as some wont be able to go back to normal working. This extends to June, may need more, If things take off or show signs of it definitely more.

Alternative - much much higher death figures.

The French rioting is pretty normal tbh

Very predictable

Unlikely we will need riot police unless the resident foreigners start a riot :)

Herd imunity tell. It to the Swedes

Other than herd immunity what solution does anyone anticipate coming in the next 9-12 months? Are we locking down for another 3 weeks, another 3 months or until we find a cure?

Vaccine is only option of WHO is correct in saying we cannot develop immunity.

I had a mild case of it, was hoping it meant I'm immune, bit seems unlikely now.

Sponsored Links
Back