Rip-off partscenter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
£25.00+vat, trade price for a Vokera Maxin safety valve, that is available online for £6.70 +vat. Retail is over £30.00+vat. No the wonder customers think we're ripping them off when we have to pay over the odds at the trade counter. Aaaaarrrggghhh!

Sponsored Links
Used an 8p washer today to repair a beko heatline replacement from them was £8.76 robbing gits

I needed a 22mm to 15mm reducer yesterday. B&Q is the nearest place to me at a little over 15 miles away so I went there to get one. They didn't have any end feed so I figured I'd pay a smidgen more for a yorkshire fitting.

When I saw the price I nearly passed out!!! £2.78...for one. Yes, for one!

Decided to go the extra four miles to the plumb centre where I get trade prices on my account. 41p for an end feed fitting or 77p for a yorkshire.

B&Q really are expensive for most things. Good for plasterboard and plaster though.

Well I read somewhere that even Supermarkets have a mark up on thgeir goods

the cheek of it, fancy a business trying to make money out of the customers, it should not be allowed

;)

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:

the cheek of it, fancy a business trying to make money out of the customers, it should not be allowed

;)

True corgiman but there's mark up and there's rip off. I suppose, if someone's willing to pay it then charge it. It's just sad that most people dont think wider than the usual retail stores. hell, even local independant DIy stores are generally cheaper than B&Q.

but dont you find that everytime you pay anything for anything you always get for someone "I couldhave got that x amount cheaper"

also if you only knew what Tesco's and all that actually paid for most of the stuff in your shopping basket you would be shocked :)

also how do house builders get away with it? market forces is how

:)

All very true.

I do indeed know what supermarkets pay for certain products. Indeed, in some instances, they actually get paid to sell certain goods. Special offers, buy one get one free etc are all funded by the suppliers rather than by the supermarket.

FredFlintstone said:
hell, even local independant DIy stores are generally cheaper than B&Q.

True. Local independent stores don't pay massive money for advertising as the B&Q's and the likes pay to get you into their shops to buy their more expensive stuff ;)

WoodYouLike said:
FredFlintstone said:
hell, even local independant DIy stores are generally cheaper than B&Q.

True. Local independent stores don't pay massive money for advertising as the B&Q's and the likes pay to get you into their shops to buy their more expensive stuff ;)

also how many Plumb centres and ma and pa DIY shops are open on sundays and bank holidays?

Had to get a replacement gas valve today, first supplier i rang £142 inclusive of vat next day.
neededpart so rang second suplier, £113 inclusive, part on shelf.

First,HRPC

Second, Hecas

I know where my accounts going

clf-gas said:
Had to get a replacement gas valve today, first supplier i rang £142 inclusive of vat next day.
neededpart so rang second suplier, £113 inclusive, part on shelf.

First,HRPC

Second, Hecas

I know where my accounts going

well thats all right for those ooop north, cheap spares and more whippets than you can shake a stick at

wot about us poor southerners!!! dear parts and shandy's!!!!!!!!

Our life sucks

;)

FredFlintstone said:
corgiman said:

;)

True corgiman but there's mark up and there's rip off. I suppose, if someone's willing to pay it then charge it. It's just sad that most people dont think wider than the usual retail stores. hell, even local independant DIy stores are generally cheaper than B&Q.

Sheds sell major items such as boilers competitivley then make up low profit on these buy overcharging on smaller parts that average joe thinks he must have from them as he can't go to a plumbers merchant as he isn't trade customer.

Loss leader principle ;)

clf-gas said:
more whippets than you can shake a stick at

Lurchers, ;)

wot about us poor southerners!!! dear parts and shandy's!!!!!!!!

Sadly it's the way it is. Pint £1.90, £30 and walk home in the rain with a nice warm beer coat on :LOL: :LOL:

eeeee lad theres me tut thinking its grim oop norf, when in fact its the south that is shyte

:)

eeeee lad theres me tut thinking its grim oop norf, when in fact its the south that is shyte

Sell up and with the small fortune buy a row of cotton mill houses

Work in the trade for four day weeks ( Fri golf day, Sat/Sun pub)

Plenty of room up ere for a chap of your calibre ;)

Sponsored Links
Back