Rip off plumber

I carried out an emergency yesterday for a non flushing toilet, I replace all the internals. The customer was 101, I didn't charge her a penny.
I have done similar jobs for elderly people for nothing.
But when I read your post, I cried.

Thank you Andy.

Sponsored Links
Maybe at some point in the future he'll be driving somewhere for something very important to him, and he's up against it time wise. His car will break down in the middle of nowhere and at that point he'll regret not having AA/RAC cover. Luckily he finds a mechanic, the only mechanic around for miles.

Yeah I can fix your car mate, I have the part back at my lockup. Easy fix, should take me 20-30 mins tops. The cost of the part? £4. My labour? £2k.

We can laugh and joke and yeah, maybe tradespeople can set whatever price they want, however to me folk like this are scum, pure and simple. Maybe he has a relative who's a roofer and enjoys charging folk £1k to replace a couple of tiles.

Sponsored Links
I’ve lost count of the amount of queries I’ve had regarding recent incorrect work they’ve had done. When I ask why don’t they get the person who carried out the work, 99% same answer. They’ve gone back to their own country.
Whenever I’ve tried to chase it up for the customer, the ring tone is a uk ring. You can tell if someone isn’t in the country by the ringing.

Whenever I’ve tried to chase it up for the customer, the ring tone is a uk ring. You can tell if someone isn’t in the country by the ringing.
o_O :confused:
If it's a UK ringtone, it must be a UK phone number.
If it isn't a UK number it will be a different ringtone.
Are you using your superb powers of deduction again to deduce what you prefer to deduce?

My UK mobile rings UK numbers without problems. It's only if I ring French numbers I get a different ringtone.
Similarly, If I use my French mobile to ring French numbers, it's a French ringtone, but if I use it to phone UK numbers it's a different ringtone.

I’ve lost count of the amount of queries I’ve had regarding recent incorrect work they’ve had done. When I ask why don’t they get the person who carried out the work, 99% same answer. They’ve gone back to their own country.

You think these workers were ever registered GAS Safe?

The problem is people find it difficult to assess value so go with the cheapest quote. People are poor at making decisions yet we asked them to make a monumental one.

You can't complain if people are easily misinformed. :p

I did work for some Romanians. They wanted me to do work on their boiler. It was such a bad installation I told them to get the fella back who fitted it..... I've tried he said; but he told me he lost a leg so is now unable to get into lofts . :ROFLMAO:

o_O :confused:
If it's a UK ringtone, it must be a UK phone number.
If it isn't a UK number it will be a different ringtone.
Are you using your superb powers of deduction again to deduce what you prefer to deduce?

My UK mobile rings UK numbers without problems. It's only if I ring French numbers I get a different ringtone.
Similarly, If I use my French mobile to ring French numbers, it's a French ringtone, but if I use it to phone UK numbers it's a different ringtone.
When I ring UK mates abroad on their UK mobile numbers, I get a different ringtone and I know they are abroad. Similarly, when I’ve had my UK phone ring while abroad and cut off and I ring the number back, I get told that they hung up because they knew I was abroad by the ring tone and didn’t want to bother me. So, you CAN tell when a U.K. phone is in the U.K. or abroad by the ring tone.

Exactly........ just can’t be arsed to argue with them. Pointless.

You think these workers were ever registered GAS Safe?

The problem is people find it difficult to assess value so go with the cheapest quote. People are poor at making decisions yet we asked them to make a monumental one.

You can't complain if people are easily misinformed. :p

When I do my estimates/quotes; I give as much information and explane what the work entails. It stops any miscommunication and it educates them for when others come to give them prices.

When I ring UK mates abroad on their UK mobile numbers, I get a different ringtone and I know they are abroad. Similarly, when I’ve had my UK phone ring while abroad and cut off and I ring the number back, I get told that they hung up because they knew I was abroad by the ring tone and didn’t want to bother me. So, you CAN tell when a U.K. phone is in the U.K. or abroad by the ring tone.
Perhaps you could ask Dangee what these 'abroad' plumbers say when he talks to them.
Perhaps you can ask Dangee why he bothers chasing up the previous tradesperson rather than just doing the work.
Perhaps you could ask Dangee how much he charges for talking to these previous tradesperson to chase up their after -service problem resolution.

Or perhaps Dangee is so kind that he usually finds the free way to get clients problems fixed for them before repairing it himself. :rolleyes:
Or maybe Dangee is just spouting off his usual bullschit of promoting hatred against foreigners.

Perhaps you could ask Dangee.......
It’s not my job to ask Dangee anything. I was just correcting your error about UK mobile phone ring tones at home and abroad. A UK ringtone is different when abroad. You know nothing.

Sponsored Links
Back