Rishi or Liz?

Permanently infuriated.

Gullible.

Reads only third rate right wing garbage.

Despises foreigners.

Overweight (and bad breath probably).

Wears God awful coloured corduroy trousers and a country style cloth tie (optional).
:D Such a troll so pretends to avoid the contentious terms that Gammon is actually referring.

Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. The term refers in particular to the colour of a person's flushed face when expressing their strong opinions, as compared to the type of pork of the same name.

In 2018, it became particularly known as a term to describe either those on the political right or those who supported Brexit.[1][4] Due to its referencing of skin colour

The archetype of a red-faced, angry, pompous, jingoistic, and stereotypically British white right-wing male has been in present in popular culture since the mid-20th century - this is what really gets Trolls-all hot under the collar and flushed faced ;)

So dont be fooled by Trolls-all he has underlying issues and resentments:

Brexit (true but lets not hate on people lets move on)
Patriotism to Britain which he finds deeply offensive, he has a term for this also (yep up pops the term flag shaggers into his head) this term is used as a derogatiory term in the attempt to denigrate people who display pride in being british, "it can't be so in his mind, as they are actually right wing racists" which sadly is his only ability to understand here.
Implicates the core british folk proud of being british are "right wing racists"
He is left wing and deeply dislikes anything right wing.

Therefore his way of venting this frustration is to use such slurs against his own colour aimed at anyone he detects may find this term offensive. Gammon, flagshagger etc.. personally i find it immature spreading such unpleasant language here or anywhere, we have enough hatred and negativity already.

Lets not forget the 'n' word while isn't racist against their own colour per se, many still find it deeply offensive, therefore people should be respecful and have maturity to judge the use of such term in public domains.

Personally i have no wing i have a mixture of opinions unique to myself. I don't believe the human mind is just that simple due to diversity in genetics, so therefore have no afiliation to any party or group of people. I shall let you into another secret, my avatar, is somewhat tongue in cheek towards the people out there who instantly judge you on your appearance ie the st george flag conjuring thoughts of racist stererotypes, which in turn tells alot about how all people have subconcious bias.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Isn't it cute when right-wingers have employed all the derogatory words available to them to describe various ethnicities and groups of people, but when riled by someone disagreeing with them they vaingloriously remonstrate at a relatively inoffensive term used to describe their enraged appearance.

You can point out derogatory words I've said. Please do.

I'm of the view as don't offend someone for the hell of it. But there are worse crimes than names.

So I'm not bothered by Gammon.

What I am saying is a black man can get away with using the N word. But a white man can't.
Right or wrong ..... it offensive.

Now your saying Gammon with the aim to offend. I'm not offended.... yet if a black man calls me a Gammon I'm going to think ...Kettle & Pot.

So my point is your aim at being offensive/funny is putting a stick the spokes of equality.

Fine idea but currently if fully implemented it would result in several million people in none existent jobs who need to be paid. What could they do to make that payment worthwhile and where would the money come from?
There's a whole cannon out there on the Job Guarantee, I don't intend to try to go through it here. To begin to understand it you should look at the following to give you a start:

. Bill Mitchell's blog. Bill, based on his experience of the wool buffer stock in Australia, was the first to put forward the JG idea.
. 'The Case For A Job Guarantee' by Pavlina Tcherneva

Where will the money come from? Your question reveals an ignorance of how the money system works in the UK. Many are in the same boat and have no idea how it works.

... the money will come from the same place it always comes from - parliament will authorise it then HMT will instruct the BoE to mark up the accounts of recipients.

No. The nearest thing to that is making unemployment as uncomfortable as possible - the current intent. Make work pay etc, charity if anyone falls below the net. Currently there is a pool of job vacancies and a pool of people who can't fill them. There can also be a problem about a person wanting to do a particular job. That doesn't mean that they wouldn't take on a menial job to gain income.

If you understood how the system worked you would be able to explain it, you haven't - but you seem to think your opinion on the matter should be taken seriously. I don't take it seriously at all as your understanding is obviously very limited and you have no desire to increase it.
All the best.

Correct and that make some of your posts pointless as it applies to many areas. Capitalist areas and people.
None of my post were pointless.
The point of them was to begin to explain to the likes of those who don't understand, how govt fiscal ops actually work in the UK, the difference between monetary and fiscal policy nad how QE is monetary not fiscal.

It seems they have been wasted on you.

Sponsored Links
:D Such a troll so pretends to avoid the contentious terms that Gammon is actually referring.

Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. The term refers in particular to the colour of a person's flushed face when expressing their strong opinions, as compared to the type of pork of the same name.

In 2018, it became particularly known as a term to describe either those on the political right or those who supported Brexit.[1][4] Due to its referencing of skin colour

The archetype of a red-faced, angry, pompous, jingoistic, and stereotypically British white right-wing male has been in present in popular culture since the mid-20th century - this is what really gets Trolls-all hot under the collar and flushed faced ;)

So dont be fooled by Trolls-all he has underlying issues and resentments:

Brexit (true but lets not hate on people lets move on)
Patriotism to Britain which he finds deeply offensive, he has a term for this also (yep up pops the term flag shaggers into his head) this term is used as a derogatiory term in the attempt to denigrate people who display pride in being british, "it can't be so in his mind, as they are actually right wing racists" which sadly is his only ability to understand here.
Implicates the core british folk proud of being british are "right wing racists"
He is left wing and deeply dislikes anything right wing.

Therefore his way of venting this frustration is to use such slurs against his own colour aimed at anyone he detects may find this term offensive. Gammon, flagshagger etc.. personally i find it immature spreading such unpleasant language here or anywhere, we have enough hatred and negativity already.

Lets not forget the 'n' word while isn't racist against their own colour per se, many still find it deeply offensive, therefore people should be respecful and have maturity to judge the use of such term in public domains.

Personally i have no wing i have a mixture of opinions unique to myself. I don't believe the human mind is just that simple due to diversity in genetics, so therefore have no afiliation to any party or group of people. I shall let you into another secret, my avatar, is somewhat tongue in cheek towards the people out there who instantly judge you on your appearance ie the st george flag conjuring thoughts of racist stererotypes, which in turn tells alot about how all people have subconcious bias.

You can point out derogatory words I've said. Please do.

I'm of the view as don't offend someone for the hell of it. But there are worse crimes than names.

So I'm not bothered by Gammon.

What I am saying is a black man can get away with using the N word. But a white man can't.
Right or wrong ..... it offensive.

Now your saying Gammon with the aim to offend. I'm not offended.... yet if a black man calls me a Gammon I'm going to think ...Kettle & Pot.

So my point is your aim at being offensive/funny is putting a stick the spokes of equality.
You're both totally missing the point. You're both trying to insist that using the term 'gammon' is racist. It isn't because the term 'gammon' refers to a temporary flushing of the face, irrespective of their ethnicity.
a) it's temporary and brought on by vainglorious riled-up right-wingers. As it's temporary and self-inflicted, it's not a protected characteristic.
b) it isn't limited to white people, so how can it possibly be racist.

The right-wingers that are affected by their facial skin flushing when they're met with opposing and intelligent arguments would like to think it's a racist term, so they can avoid being offended.
It is derogatory, but not racist.
if you want everyone to stop using the term gammon, you'd have to argue that all and any pejorative term is banned, such as dickhead, etc

It dates back to Dickensian and even further back to even the 17th century.

with an update of:
UPDATE: Correspondents tell me that the word “gammon” was actually a Victorian slang term, which translates, roughly, as “bullshit”. Interpreting it in this as a man pushing a certain type of jingoism is Gregsbury’s alone. So, there you go.

well this is a good start
From what and over what time. Pointless article without that as values change all of the time.

The news thrives on bad news. They may also elaborate in an odd way. Take the Liverpool shooting. Look further and they find there has been others recently. Meaningless unless viewed over a sensible time scale. :) My brother came up with one himself. When driving around Nottingham, he lives in Yorkshire he noticed mention of drive by shootings on local news. He didn't drive through it often but over a several years. Coincidence or they often happen?

You're both totally missing the point. You're both trying to insist that using the term 'gammon' is racist. It isn't because the term 'gammon' refers to a temporary flushing of the face, irrespective of their ethnicity.

I think it is you missing the point.

On assumption that your white, calling me a Gammon is not racist. If you black and calling me a Gammon then that's different.

Ask Nosey for a description of a Gammon he'll clear this up for you.

Just think of the reaction if you called a Muslim or a Jew a Gammon

I think it is you missing the point.

On assumption that your white, calling me a Gammon is not racist. If you black and calling me a Gammon then that's different.

Ask Nosey for a description of a Gammon he'll clear this up for you.
On your understanding of gammon, and racism, if I'm white and I call another white person a gammon, I'm not a racist, but if I call a different ethnic person a gammon, then I'm racist.
That illustrates the absurdity of your argument, because the term gammon does not refer to a person's ethnicity, it refers to their temporary and self-inflicted flushing of the face. Therefore it cannot be racist.

Who on earth has said it wasn't? I most certainly haven't.
The more interesting thing about QE is once in it how to get out of it.
Plenty of posters have said it's money creation, check back and you'll see.

The BoE ended QE in Dec 2021. No dramas, back to slinging those gilts as usual.

Just think of the reaction if you called a Muslim or a Jew a Gammon
It would be no different to calling any BAME person an idiot.
It's not a term that is relevant or restricted to their ethnicity or religion.

But I thought your argument relied on only white people can be gammons.
Make up your mind.

On your understanding of gammon, and racism, if I'm white and I call another white person a gammon, I'm not a racist, but if I call a different ethnic person a gammon, then I'm racist.
it cannot be racist.

Costello sings the phrase “white n*****”,

So that's the way you want to go forward with Equity is it ?

Costello sings the phrase “white n*****”,

So that's the way you want to go forward with Equity is it ?
a) pop songs do not determine political policy.
b) the term refers to Northern Catholics.
c) you're resorting to utter nonsense as usual. WTF does equity have to do with gammons? As I said earlier, right-wingers have for decades used pejorative terms to refer to different ethnicities, groups, etc. Now that a term has been adopted to describe their flushed faces when they're riled, they seek to encapsulate it as racism in order to avoid the use of the term. That's not equity either, is it?

It's not racist and any attempt to include it with other obviously racist words is ludicrous nonsense.

In 2018, it became particularly known as a term to describe either those on the political right or those who supported Brexit
The whole area is an extension of political catch phrases. These are all examples
gammon,woke,flag waver, and I'll add :) project fear, european experiment, even the word Brexit.
Crazy one IMHO save the nhs. Crazy as it doesn't really explain what they were trying to do.

I don't see any harm really other than people not realising what they are. They can influence people. The insulting ones though - I wonder.

Sponsored Links
Back