Robert Peston

Ken Bruce has moved to greatest hits radio and taken pop master with him. I tend to listen to local radio now he’s gone. Vine drives me nuts and wife asks why I listen to him, I have weaned myself off him now.

Sponsored Links
HS2 is just a fantasy project to get the Northerners to vote Con, amd put some money in the pockets of engineering companies.

Well, it did the trick. Will they be fooled again, @fillyboy ?

"And the debate about whether the project is worth building has only intensified with constraints on public spending showing no sign of easing. As ministers sought to reduce the ballooning costs in recent years, the project shrunk.

An eastern leg, that was due to run to Sheffield into Leeds from Birmingham and would have vastly improved connectivity between three of the UK’s biggest cities, was all but axed last year. In the most recent changes announced last month, the government delayed plans to run the trains into the central London terminus at Euston until as late as the early 2040s. The cost of completing Euston is now put at nearly £5bn."

FT.com

So it doesn't go to Leeds, it doesn't go into London, it doesn't do what it was supposed to, and has been a collection of holes in the ground that money gets poured into.

Sponsored Links
A decent Leeds Manchester link would have demonstrated the govt's comittment to levelling up, instead they drag on with the Cammeron legacy project.

Blup

Well, it did the trick. Will they be fooled again, @fillyboy ?

"And the debate about whether the project is worth building has only intensified with constraints on public spending showing no sign of easing. As ministers sought to reduce the ballooning costs in recent years, the project shrunk.

An eastern leg, that was due to run to Sheffield into Leeds from Birmingham and would have vastly improved connectivity between three of the UK’s biggest cities, was all but axed last year. In the most recent changes announced last month, the government delayed plans to run the trains into the central London terminus at Euston until as late as the early 2040s. The cost of completing Euston is now put at nearly £5bn."

FT.com

So it doesn't go to Leeds, it doesn't go into London, it doesn't do what it was supposed to, and has been a collection of holes in the ground that money gets poured into.
On the bright side, it's been one of the most successful archaeological projects this country's ever had.

A decent Leeds Manchester link would have demonstrated the govt's comittment to levelling up, instead they drag on with the Cammeron legacy project.

Blup
Surely you mean Blair's vanity project!

Blup

Can't lay HS2 solely at Cameron's door........he was just one in a long line.....

Sara Cox; I reckon she must have had elocution lessons.
A few years ago, she sounded like she was having a stroke (Andyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Sponsored Links
Back