Robert Peston

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New suit, shirt and tie (possibly 'George') and a very natty haircut. Is he standing for election or something?

Sponsored Links
Do you think when he's at home he talks the same as when he's on the telly? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllll, I’ll have a.......cuuuuuuuup of teaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............................. with two.............sugars... and a splaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash of milk.

Do you think when he's at home he talks the same
I actually like Peston because he is quirky and not polished like some. Presenters, newsreaders weather forecasters etc are trained not to dither or erm or fluff out pauses with irrelevant nonsense. If you listen to them carefully, each has their own way of keeping the dialogue moving.

EDIT:

Tim Barter (golf) is one of the sharpest at live delivery. He never misses a beat.

Sponsored Links
I think Zoe Ball must have been off on training day, her delivery is a series of errrms, ooohs what an annoying woman

I think Zoe Ball must have been off on training day, her delivery is a series of errrms, ooohs what an annoying woman
She really is awful to listen to. Am sure she's a very nice lady but as a DJ she's useless. Mind you, I didn't like Chris Evans on breakfast either, too much shouting. Don't much like Sara Cox either - on my drive home I find myself listening to radio 4 instead, my word that's dull but at least not as annoying. Bring back Mayo!

Do you think when he's at home he talks the same as when he's on the telly? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllll, I’ll have a.......cuuuuuuuup of teaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............................. with two.............sugars... and a splaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash of milk.

Are you as delightful in real life as you are on here?

Richard Wenner complained of it being that of a "verbal slug – leaving a trail of audio slime"

She really is awful to listen to. Am sure she's a very nice lady but as a DJ she's useless. Mind you, I didn't like Chris Evans on breakfast either
Agreed..Evans seriously got on my t..ts on breakfast show.Z ball seems to be in the same mould...Terry Wogan or Ray Moore was far more my cup of breakfast tea..

Johnnie Walker was quite dry too :)
About the only female presenter on 2 I don't hate is Liza Tarbuck.

Johnnie Walker was quite dry too :)
About the only female presenter on 2 I don't hate is Liza Tarbuck.
Agreed. .Johnnie Walker is a legend!.plays some great music...Something about Liza Tarbuck's radio style I find spot on..Her voice,her laugh,her presenting style,could listen to her all day.

Sponsored Links
Back