RoI rejects religion...

From the teachings of Jesus loving your neighbour didn't encompass boning him.

Is that what you think?

Strange how that was the first thought that came into your head!

:cool:

Why was it strange when you already alluded to it?

No, I was reducing the entire law of god into the two phrases Jesus used, to illustrate his acceptance of , and love for, everyone.

You are the one who instantly equated loving your neighbour with ' boning' a man.

But that's okay, if that's your cup of tea, go for it.

Sponsored Links

Is that what you think?

No, I was reducing the entire law of god into the two phrases Jesus used, to illustrate his acceptance of , and love for, everyone.

You are the one who instantly equated loving your neighbour with ' boning' a man.

No use back tracking now with codswallop.

Is that what you think?

It's okay, Norcon, honestly. It makes no odds to me whatsoever how you want to love your neighbour.

Sponsored Links

Is that what you think?

It's okay, Norcon, honestly. It makes no odds to me whatsoever how you want to love your neighbour.

Getting desperate now? :LOL:

I'll leave it there.

Its just best you leave it there...

But lets look at your question again...

"How does that fit in with prejudice ?"

And the answer...
Well it fits in with prejudice because Jesus teachings of "loving thy neighbour" didn't encompass boning him.
Simples.
Where in the Bible does it say otherwise?

I think we have to accept that society has changed and it seems that anything goes now. I don't really care if someone is gay or not but what I do object to is gays adopting children. Not because I think they will end up gay themselves but because they will have to take a lot of crap from their peers.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
I'll leave it there.

Its just best you leave it there...

But lets look at your question again...

"How does that fit in with prejudice ?"

And the answer...
Well it fits in with prejudice because Jesus teachings of "loving thy neighbour" didn't encompass boning him.
Simples.
Where in the Bible does it say otherwise?

You've previously said that you haven't read the bible, and have no wish to do so, so me arguing with you about scripture is a little bit unfair.

If you are genuinely interested in learning more , perhaps have a gander at what Jesus said about how we should treat others ,the folly of casting the first stone and his reply when asked 'who is my neighbour'.

Then think for yourself, not through somebody else's lens.

I am genuinely shocked at the level of bigotry displayed on this forum. I'm just glad that the discrimination on show here is not represented in our culture, as Ireland has just proven.

Being gay is not a choice, so why should they not have equality?

They obviously lobbied the government. The irish government is full of liberals so probably not that difficult.

Its not about equality.
Pillow munchers primary purpose, objectively speaking, is the personal gratification of two individuals whose union is sterile by nature. It is not entitled, therefore, to the protection the State extends to true marriage.

By legalizing same-sex “marriage,” the State becomes its official and active promoter. Which is just plain wrong.

So marriage needs children to be a true one .... Is that your definition of marriage? :D

What 'protection' are you on about exactly?

Imagine, people getting married so they can freely gratify each other...the horror of it.

Better for a woman to fire out half a dozen children or so without any gratification . That's a true marriage.

this helps sum it up.

romans 1;22

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

King James Version (KJV)

As Usual, selective nonsense that ignores the rest of the law.

Would you stone someone who kept a goat in a field with sheep? Or who wore clothes made of different fibres? Don't just pick some bible rules, follow them all.

What happened to the teachings of Jesus? Where does he say that people on earth should judge others?

He said all the law could be reduced to two simple things

'Love God' ' and 'Love your neighbour'

How does that fit in with prejudice ?

Jesus said to the pharisees,when they tested him, in front of the adulteress women,to see if they could accuse him ,he that is without sin among you,cast the first stone,and they all walked away.
but what did jesus say to the adulteress women, jesus said, women were are they,did no one condemn you.she said ,no one, Jesus said ,i do not condemn you either,go,FROM NOW ON SIN NO MORE.

Jesus is telling the world to ,turn turn to him,to have a change,to be changed,to be reconciled, if you don't you will perish by default, by choice,you will be damned, to hell.not very popular is it, but its the truth,i am not going to hood wink you,and say its all rosy, no ,this is a matter of truth,fact,and its heading your way. to love some one is to speak the truth,even if it hurts. an infected scab, has to be torn off ,before it can be healed, it hurts for a bit,but then the healing comes.

is it not because of sin,that the world is a mess.

so the answer is to turn away from sin,and allow God to make us right before him,through christ. to be born again,
Jesus did not come to condemn,because the world is condemn already, he came to save us,from the wrath to come. if you ignore the warnings and call it nonsense, then thats up to you ,but Gods word is higher authority than mans laws. or government laws. that does not mean i should live lawlessly ,no ,i still have to abide by the laws of the land, but if it is against Gods word,then i stand by Gods word.

Sponsored Links
Back