Roofers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me advice on having your roof power washed and then painted please. We have heard mixed reports about having this done, a few people have told us that the actual power wash can damage existing tiles and that we would be better just having the roof re-pointed and any damaged tiles replaced.
TIA

Sponsored Links
Scottishslater, do you mean the whole roof re-tiled? We had a quote from a company who said they could power wash and paint the whole roof for £800.As far as we have been told it would be a couple of thousand pounds to have it all re-roofed.
TIA :(

I have been working in an area the last couple of days were they have had a good number of takers, but the moss is now growing back now and it does not look like a good investment now because they still have old tiles.

Sponsored Links
depends on what you was wanting done may surprise you or you could keep the cost to coat the roof and re-tile next year but for sake of 1200 or so more you getting a new roof that lasts for 30 or so years instead of a few years

Painting a roof must be one of the worst ideas around. How long does anything painted last outside - let alone an exposed roof in Scotland of all places?

As for jet washing, a jet wash removes part of the surface of tiles/concrete/timber etc and so the material then deteriorate faster or allows surface dirt/moss to build up quicker next time

Thanks everyone for all your replies. I think we will just save up and eventually re-roof, maybe in a couple of years. :D

Oh God don't ever paint roofs!

Bonnie why don't u get Scottish slater to quote you? , You can't be too far apart ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back