Room Stat

Status
Not open for further replies.
like i care

3 things i know

1 ive forgotten more than you will ever know

2 i don't need to pretend to be clever i am

3 i don't try to rub peoples nose in it by trying to put them down ;)

and another post heads for the padlock as the berk hits the button to his mate :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
OP
whilst it not a reg to have a room stat, it is a requirement that the boiler has an interlock, the easiest way of providing that interlock is with a room thermostat.

it is also not specified where it should be fitted. as to fitting it in the lounge this may not be a good idea if you have a gas fire as the fire would cause the boiler to shut down without heating the rest of the house.

similarly fitting it in the hallway may make it susceptable to draughts from front door opening etc.

every house is different so fit the stat in the most suitable room.

I personally would never fit a TRV in a bathroom as it will shut down in the heat created by running a bath or shower (just the time you want it warm in there!)

Sponsored Links
whilst it not a reg to have a room stat, it is a requirement that the boiler has an interlock, the easiest way of providing that interlock is with a room thermostat.

it is also not specified where it should be fitted. as to fitting it in the lounge this may not be a good idea if you have a gas fire as the fire would cause the boiler to shut down without heating the rest of the house.

similarly fitting it in the hallway may make it susceptable to draughts from front door opening etc.

every house is different so fit the stat in the most suitable room.

I personally would never fit a TRV in a bathroom as it will shut down in the heat created by running a bath or shower (just the time you want it warm in there!)
All correct and good advice. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back