Rough Justice

Sponsored Links
Who are you to judge?

You are dead right Cal, who is Sombrero to judge???

But hang slack a minuet, the geezer was found guilty by a judge and jury, so whats the problem, the only problem i can see is these guys should be rewarded for executing the little 5hit that caused a toddler so much pain and suffering.. :evil:

Who were their victims that led them to be there? "Reward" isn't really the correct word.

Sponsored Links
Who were their victims that led them to be there? "Reward" isn't really the correct word.

Is this a guessing game?? :p I'm not very good at guessing games!! :confused: Could you give me a clue please, who were the victims that led them there?? :confused: You could say they were in the right place at the right time.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I accept Cal's point that fellow prisoners ain't in jail for minor offences (at least that's what I think he's getting at ) (and so really ain't in a position to judge the individual merits of who should be murdered, cause we just don't know what heinous crimes they, themselves have committed)
Perhaps it's time for us to set up a island for the worst prisoners to go to where they cannot escape, but can mete out their own brand of justice. (televised of course) (much like the premise of many a sci-fi film) (well at least one or maybe two) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Justice has been done.

It's just a very sad indictment of our judicial system, that it had to be left to prisoners to carry out the right and proper sentence.

Good riddance.

I accept Cal's point that fellow prisoners ain't in jail for minor offences (at least that's what I think he's getting at ) (and so really ain't in a position to judge the individual merits of who should be murdered, cause we just don't know what heinous crimes they, themselves have committed)
Perhaps it's time for us to set up a island for the worst prisoners to go to where they cannot escape, but can mete out their own brand of justice. (televised of course) (much like the premise of many a sci-fi film) (well at least one or maybe two) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082340/

Is this a guessing game?? :p I'm not very good at guessing games!! :confused: Could you give me a clue please, who were the victims that led them there?? :confused: You could say they were in the right place at the right time.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
The point is clear - these people are not the sort who'd you waould want your daughter to bring home. Their actions are not praiseworthy.

Now I despise the acts of the deceased as much as the next person and wrestle long and hard over the use of the death penalty as a legitimate act. I cannot bring myself to accept that the actions of a couple of criminals is in the interest of the common good since their motives are questionable at the very least.

For what it's worth, I keep coming back to the concept of permanent total solitary confinement as a compromise.

Justice has been done.

It's just a very sad indictment of our judicial system, that it had to be left to prisoners to carry out the right and proper sentence.

Good riddance.
But the potential irony is that if the justice system had done its job in the way you seem to suggest, then it is highly likely that those who did the dastardly deed would have been executed prior to this moment in time.

Second of course is the concept of misjustice and the related empathy.

Solitary confinement sounds expensive to me, are you going to foot the bill? anyone found guilty of murdering or raping toddlers, if they are found guilty should be exterminated :cool: :cool:

Solitary confinement sounds expensive to me, are you going to foot the bill? anyone found guilty of murdering or raping toddlers, if they are found guilty should be exterminated :cool: :cool:
Even if they are subsequently found to have been innocent?

Cheaper to lock them in a room 24/7 with no way out and no communication other that through electronic means to a random duty solicitor with close monitoring of what is being said to prevent any "real" talk taking place. Cheap and effective.

Justice has been done.

Good riddance.
But the potential irony is that if the justice system had done its job in the way you seem to suggest, then it is highly likely that those who did the dastardly deed would have been executed prior to this moment in time.

But so would he....so it's a win win situation.

More room in the jails for the run-of-the-mill, common-or-garden scum. :D

But surely the logic is that they would be exterminated too. In which case there is no need for any prison. Arrest them find them guilty and hang 'em high.???

Sounds lovely until, of course, you realise that you (or someone close to you) too have been caught for a misdemeanour which you may (or worse still may not) have committed.

But surely the logic is that they would be exterminated too. In which case there is no need for any prison. Arrest them find them guilty and hang 'em high.???

Sounds lovely until, of course, you realise that you (or someone close to you) too have been caught for a misdemeanour which you may (or worse still may not) have committed.

Execution would only be reserved for the worst scum, not the everyday car thief or non-payment of council tax.

Sponsored Links
Back