rsj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3800mm span what size rsj should be used taking the sag of a truss on a inner wall of a bungalow if i knocked the wall down the exsisting wall is 100 mm thick?

Sponsored Links
What about a 150 concrete lintel. lol

Don't sue me if it falls down though

Correct me if I'm wrong, but trusses are self-supporting, so don't normally require a central support.

Otherwise, you need to post more details and the old guy from your neck of the woods can comment

Sponsored Links
Correct me if I'm wrong, but trusses are self-supporting, so don't normally require a central support.

Otherwise, you need to post more details and the old guy from your neck of the woods can comment
yeah i know but the client wants to store quite of bit of stuff in his loft:cool:

Then you need to know how much stuff is going to be stored, so that you don't have a beam just good enough for the trusses

Not only that, picking a truss up if it's not at a node point may cause an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back