Ruling on an angle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
D67858BC-5EA4-45D1-A0FF-829F2EC8F2CA.jpeg
2FC8C65F-C412-49C7-B65D-AE6B746A0405.jpeg
ED941547-E54B-48DA-9EBD-00B38D43806C.jpeg
i have a bathroom to refurb for my niece and there are a couple of tiling issues that I would like an opinion or advice about please
The issues are the underside of the wing walls and the vertical sides leading to the window
They are going to be tiled, whether I like it or not, onto plasterboard, so can anyone offer any advice about keeping the tiles on the underside
Also the ceramic 600 x 300 tiles have a brown edge and she is adamant she doesn’t want tile trims , metal or plastic so any suggestions about an alternative method or something that will make the edges look reasonable
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
View attachment 141843 View attachment 141842 View attachment 141841 i have a bathroom to refurb for my niece and there are a couple of tiling issues that I would like an opinion or advice about please
The issues are the underside of the wing walls and the vertical sides leading to the window
They are going to be tiled, whether I like it or not, onto plasterboard, so can anyone offer any advice about keeping the tiles on the underside
Also the ceramic 600 x 300 tiles have a brown edge and she is adamant she doesn’t want tile trims , metal or plastic so any suggestions about an alternative method or something that will make the edges look reasonable
Thanks in advance

You could ditch the ceramic tiles and go for porcelain/stone tiles (you can "dress" the edges of porcelain/stone tiles).

Alternatively you could use a quarter round edge tile. The joins in the edging tile will not meet up with the grout lines though.

https://www.originalstyle.com/tiles/product/KB5916

WRT tiling on the angle, hopefully someone else can recommend a high grab adhesive. My experience is limited to the underside of window returns.

Nice one I had forgotten about the underside of window openings
I had gotten so excited about the job I had not thought about that
High grab adhesive or sticks like sh1t , they are going on there
Slight update about the job as of this morning
The ceilings and vertical part. Of the wing walls are being plastered
The underside of the one wing wall is being tiled . It is over the bath , that has a shower as well , so the water from the shower will splash on that wall so not a lot of choice.
Bathroom wall panels are a no no
I’m looking forward to this job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back