Rumours begin to circulate that Police fight crime

In London Sadiq Khan is to blame for the rise in crime and terrorism.

Ask Trump.

Crime fell when Boris was mayor

Sponsored Links
In London Sadiq Khan is to blame for the rise in crime and terrorism.

Remind me, what powers does the Mayor of London have on UK immigration policy?

Remind me, who is the person in control of the metropolitan police?

Sponsored Links
Remind me, who is the person in control of the metropolitan police

The London Mayor has powers of direction over the Metropolitan police, so to suggest that control is set directly by the HO, is misguided.

He or she also has "powers of direction" over the functional bodies, moreso now over the Metropolitan Police since the MOPC was set up. These powers are excercised via strategic plans which the Mayor is required to prepare and publish

who is the person in control of the metropolitan police?

who is the person in control of the metropolitan police?

Are you saying the Mayor has no powers of direction over the Met.

If the Mayor has no powers to influence or drive policy because all policy is decided by central government, what is the purpose of a Mayor?

Is he just somewhere to hang some gold chains?

Are you attempting to deny that the Home Secretary is the person in control of the metropolitan police?

Do you deny that Theresa May had the policy and gave the orders to cut police budgets and hence headcount?

Are you saying Sadiq Khan has no responsibility for setting police and crime priorities in London?

A hard Brexit, implemented properly, would see a sharp decrease in crime. British prisons are full of foreigners.

Go on then, explain that in more detail. I can't wait for your reasoning.

Take into account how crime happens during times of austerity too.

So therefore, with your explanation, include what might happen if people get worse off after brexit. But they won't get worse off, will they?

There is a proven correlation between poverty and increases in crime.
The vast majority of prisoners in Scotland are from poor socio-economic backgrounds,
The Scottish Prisons Commission has found that about one in nine young men from the most deprived communities in Scotland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/inter...th_uk/poverty_causes_consequences/revision/4/

Poverty causes violence. So forget this obsession with stop and search
Lee Jasper
The politically unpalatable truth that must be addressed is that violence is increasing in the capital’s black communities because of rising poverty.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ice-theresa-may-black-minority-confidence-law

Therefore it can easily be argued that government austerity and reduction in police numbers has lead to an increase in crime.

Last edited:
Go on then, explain that in more detail. I can't wait for your reasoning.

So therefore, with your explanation, include what might happen if people get worse off after brexit. But they won't get worse off, will they?

There is a disproportinate number of black, asian and minority ethnic prisoners in UK jails.

Im not sure how a hard brexit would change that.

Sponsored Links
Back