Police Cuts, Crime Up

Sponsored Links
The way the police force is run is the problem not the money spent on it.

Sponsored Links
Not just Hartlepool. There was 3 break ins on one road near my last week and the police never came out.
It's been a nightmare round my way recently - every week there's either a burglary or can / van theft. Drug dealers openly deal, they don't try to hide it anymore. Cash strewn across their dashboard while kids queuing. Lack of police is the problem. The guy that threatened to stab me (and later assaulted me) last year told be plainly, he could do anything he liked, the police can't and don't do anything to stop him. He later threatened to stab a schoolgirl and an elderly gent, but still free to roam. Police have his name, they do nothing.

I think it was a Manchester police chief that said crime was only going to get worse because of police cuts - that's not just cuts to bobbies on the beat but intelligence too.

But it's happening everywhere. Under this government 2 groups have benefited at the expense of the general public: the wealthy stock market investors and criminals.

But, don't blame May and co, blame the "elite Lefties" (whoever they are!) and poor management (the government is responsible for managing public services!) for the problems.

Have been times of much more crime coupled with far more police
I guess during the 80's all the police were busy beating up miners.

The stats all say that violent crime and sex offences have are increasing. Crime last peaked in 1995, near the end of the previous Tory term (1979-1997) then fell for 20 years. But it is rising again.
Maybe not total recorded crime, but violent crime, the sort that affects people going about their business or relaxing in the comfort of their homes, is increasing.

crime.png

I am curious to know what types of crime have fallen so much - much is probably due to a reduction in the recording of crime. Stats come from police officers. If the police are not there to record the crime, it doesn't register. Maybe this is May's master plan - sack all the police, turn a blind eye to the muggers, rapists and drug dealers, and then say "hey look, no recorded crime this year!"

Maybe not total recorded crime, but violent crime, the sort that affects people going about their business or relaxing in the comfort of their homes, is increasing.
No such thing as victimless crime.Umpteen factors affect crime figures,not to mention changes in how they are recorded etc.Farcical to suggest a direct link between police and crime figures

Farcical? So in your opinion, what reduces crime if the police have no impact on it?

The Police Foundation says: "even if the overall number of crimes has fallen, that is not the same thing as saying that overall harm has fallen. This is because some crimes are more harmful than others. There is strong evidence that if you assess the harm caused by each offence, the biggest falls in crime have been among the less harmful offences."

I just about agree that there is no victimless crime, but given the choice of being a victim of burglary, mugging, stabbing, rape, assault ... or a victim of petty theft, vandalism, criminal damage, tax evasion or fraud, I'd be must happier with that second group.

The government does do a lot to crack down on some white collar crimes, because this helps put more money into their system. But fraud and tax evasion never resulted in people being scared to leave their homes at night, or on some streets around here, scared to stay in their homes at night. Somewhere along the lines, the government and police have let the people down.

The only solution is to privatise all prisons and allow the police and Judges to buy shares in them, it won't be long before the police start getting criminals of the streets and judges start giving them long sentences.

Sponsored Links
Back