Running wires before Premier 48 Installation..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We've just had a extension built and Before the walls get plasterboarded - I want to run the alarm wires ready for installation later.
Speaking to my Sparky - who says he no expert on installing alarm systems, he says I just need to run a 6 or 8 core wire from each intended PIR or contact, etc.. Back to where the main panel is going to be situated...
Is this correct ?? And is this the same from where the Keypad and the Bellbox is going to go??

I realise this maybe a daft question for some - but I'm trying to get as much wire hidden before the walls get dot and dabbed.. Any help would be appreciated..

Sponsored Links
yes 6 or 8 will do all back to main panel, but if you are having a keypad lets say near the back door, you could run the back door contact to the keypad as it has two zones on the keypad.

yes 6 or 8 will do all back to main panel, but if you are having a keypad lets say near the back door, you could run the back door contact to the keypad as it has two zones on the keypad.

Thanks for the reply...
I noticed the premier keypad had 2 zones...

Is it the same for the Bellbox? I just need to run 1 wire from where the bell box will be placed - through to where the control panel will be situated?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back