"Rust" Shootings: What The Heck?

Sponsored Links
Take out the word "prop."

This was not a properly run film or stage production.

It was just an American playing with a loaded gun.

Happens all the time.

Take out the word "prop."

This was not a properly run film or stage production.

It was just an American playing with a loaded gun.

Happens all the time.
Or the blank firing mechanism went wrong. Even military ones, which don't have to look realistic, can send out debris. This sort of thing shouldn't happen though.

There is no metal bullet but there is wadding which is blown out by the exploding charge. For a few inches after leaving the barrel the wadding has enough kinetic energy to cause significant injury.

Sponsored Links
There is no metal bullet but there is wadding which is blown out by the exploding charge. For a few inches after leaving the barrel the wadding has enough kinetic energy to cause significant injury.

In the UK, blank firing guns do not discharge through the muzzle, to avoid such accidents.

In some other countries, live firearms are more freely available, and gun deaths and injuries vastly more common.

A blank firing realistic imitation firearm is subject to FAC in UK.

A Texan writing on Quora may be unfamiliar with UK law.

Been confirmed that it happened ON SET. You have absolutely zero evidence of what you posted.

I agree that more information has been coming out, and some of it is probably true.

Do you think it was "properly run?"

It's strange because, unless the person killed and the person injured were in a scene (which is unlikely?) why was the gun being fired at or near them? I wonder if there was some between take shenanigans going on? Hopefully not.

Was listening to the news in bed this morning. While I was a little sleepy, I think one of the guests was saying that the two people hit were not near each other.
They also said that there are many kinds of blanks, but that proper movie blanks emit only powder and that actors are supposed to fire these guns a few feet to the left or right of the "target". The camera angle is then set up to make it look like the actor is firing directly at the "target".

I agree that more information has been coming out, and some of it is probably true.

Do you think it was "properly run?"

I think the world's militaries, on the whole are extremely well run at the level of weapons training. That training doesn't prevent accidental deaths every year with weapons mishaps.

I think the world's militaries, on the whole are extremely well run at the level of weapons training. That training doesn't prevent accidental deaths every year with weapons mishaps.

And do the inevitable enquiries always report that proper procedure was followed?

Sponsored Links
Back