"Rust" Shootings: What The Heck?

And do the inevitable enquiries always report that proper procedure was followed?

Do they always report that it was just a (insert nationality) playing with a loaded gun?

Your first post was wrong, but you'll just keep going with this and **** up the thread, as you inevitably do. I won't respond to you further.

Sponsored Links
The fact that film set staff were the victims rather than another actor (ie the person being shot on film), suggests the firearm may suffered a catastrophic failure, causing debris/shrapnel being discharged in more that one direction.

The fact that film set staff were the victims rather than another actor (ie the person being shot on film), suggests the firearm may suffered a catastrophic failure, causing debris/shrapnel being discharged in more that one direction.
Okay I'm kind of stating the obvious, but you think these days they could come up with solutions (in terms of prop guns) that carry virtually zero risk of injury.

Sponsored Links
Okay I'm kind of stating the obvious, but you think these days they could come up with solutions (in terms of prop guns) that carry virtually zero risk of injury.

There is no need to have any type of ammunition in the prop gun. CGI/Sound effects are so simple to add during editing.

How the f#ck do we have so many firearms "experts" in this country where firearms are virtually banned???

They are not banned in the military or the police. There are a lot of, 'been professionally trained' people in the community. Even army, navy and air cadets go shooting. There are likely more of those actual people on here than there are epidemiologists, vaccine scientists, migration and refugee experts or politicians, but that doesn't stop people posting.

They are not banned in the military or the police. There are a lot of, 'been professionally trained' people in the community. Even army, navy and air cadets go shooting. There are likely more of those actual people on here than there are epidemiologists, vaccine scientists, migration and refugee experts or politicians, but that doesn't stop people posting.

I'll second that ;)

So you're telling me that a lot of "been professionally trained" people are here on diy.com talking shyt all day long.
And then a discussion about firearms starts and they all show off their "expertise".
Come on man!
That's just a lot of boll@x!

I added my half penny worth after 36yrs military service.............but could just be 'a lot of boll@x'

So you're telling me that a lot of "been professionally trained" people are here on diy.com talking shyt all day long.
And then a discussion about firearms starts and they all show off their "expertise".
Come on man!
That's just a lot of boll@x!
It's a forum, people discuss stuff and share thoughts and views. Especially in the diy sections, not uncommon for someone to reply with 'I'm a diy'er but I think the fix is ...'

I added my half penny worth after 36yrs military service.............but could just be 'a lot of boll@x'
Some people might say that's the only way to summarize 36 years of military service. :whistle:

Plenty of people have had gun training and some of us are old enough or travel enough to have shot hand guns when they were / are legal.

I did plenty of rifle, shotgun and even SLR/GPMG shooting as a kid in the cadets and shooting clubs. Plus whenever I’m in the states I try to get on a range. Magnum, desert eagles, etc. Used to do range duty for flint/matchlock clubs too.

this does sound like the explosion forced some of the gun in to the propulsion. Anything that goes bang and explodes can kill. There may even have been tampering.

Last edited:
Thankfully, scum like that are pretty thin on the ground.
You never spent time hurrying up and waiting I take it. But Squaddies are famously sensitive souls.

Edit: to be clear it's a joke that failed to land. I'm sure there's an RAF joke in there but I'll quit whilst I'm behind.

Last edited:
Reports now coming out saying it was a live round.

Interesting interview with a ballistics expert on a news prog. He was saying whilst there are stringent rules and guidance in place, how well these are followed can vary from production to production.

As already touched on, I can't get my head around why in this day and age they're still using guns that have any potential to cause injury or death.

Perhaps this will be one of those moments when the tragedy leads to industry wide change?

Sponsored Links
Back