Sabre (Vokera) 25HE No Hot Water nor Central Heating working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have 2 years old Sabre HE25 Combi Boiler.

As I now understand, system was not flushed when it was fitted. And due to lintel in the brickwork of the house, the flue is in slightly upward angle hence rain water stays in the flue and it is getting rusty inside.
Also, there are trace of a bit of rust inside, at the back of the boiler. I have seen water dripping from back of the combi when it was raining heavy the other day. However, I have never seen this happen in the past.

Main Problem:
Few weeks ago, hot water and central heating stopped working and solid Red Light came on.

I have managed to get it working by just Reseting it.

In its user manual, red light code refers to changing Primary Thermistor.

http://www.sabreboilers.co.uk/Sabre_HE_Combi_install.pdf

http://www.sabreboilers.co.uk/Sabre_HE_range_E167_2.pdf

I have changed this and refilled the system. It worked fine for few days then stopped working altogether.

When you demand hot water, pump starts working, first section fires up (or something sounds like that) but just before it is fully fires up, solid red light comes on. Same things happens when you put Central Heating on.

Reset obtion does not help either.

Could anyone tell me what the problem/s might be?

Any advice appreciated.

I live in South Woodham Ferrers in Essex.

Thank you all in advance.

ToM

Sponsored Links
with your first problem due to it being a condensing boiler the flue should have a slight slope back towards the boiler.

Is it properly sealed around the flue as the water may be running in internally...

is the boiler sparking?

ive had a few 2 year old compacts have the aps go on em

i swear vokera put a timer in them so when the guarantee is void they break

Hi BingoBongo,

Many thanks for your reply.

I inspect it again and It looks like the Flue is sealed outside by expanding foam.

I am not too sure about the spark, I can not see it through the view glass.

I have get it working again by speeding up the pump as I left the hot water tap on, it worked.

Could anyone tell me what the problem/s might be?

Could anyone recommend me an engineer in my area who can repair and service it ?

Any advice appreciated.

I live in South Woodham Ferrers in Essex.

Thank you all in advance.

ToM

Sponsored Links
Hi BB,

Thanks for pointing out the ignition board.

Since I have managed to start it yesterday, combi has been working fine although I know it will cut out again soon, as it did in the past.

Considering the new information above would you still say the faulty part is the ignition board?

Do you know the price of this component ?

usually between £110-£130

if its working bear with it just now

i dont want to say def buy the board as ive not been in front of the boiler and not had a proper diagnosis

but usually if its cutting out after running hot tap and its locking out before the heating comes on

or sometimes when the heating reaches temp and then locks out before firing back up

most common fault is the ign board

if its 100% ok on heating and the fault occurs on hw then try the hw sensor right hand side.looks the same as the primary u have changed

usually the primary is when there is a solid red light and resetting wont resolve it.thats whats leading me to believe it is the ign board.very common on these

Hi BB,

When fault develops, it cuts out on Hot Water or when you put on Heating.

It start working yesterday, as I fiddled with the speed of the pump.

I speeded up and put it back to number 1, as the hot water tap was on and it fired up.

I wonder if this give you a clue about the fault?

Minute ago, as I was washing up, I turned the hot water tap low, and combi cut out yet again.

However, I get it working again by Reset ing it.

Currently 144 views on my topic. Does it mean over 100 people have the same problem as mine and waiting for answer! This can not be right.

I look forward to hearing their opinions from other C/H gurus too.

without being in front of boiler lets eliminate the sabre/vokera favourites

remove dhw flow regulator, i said remove not replace, ie take out and throw in bin.

replace both primary & secondary thermistors (p/n 8484)

will take you 40 minutes do this and post back

Hi GG,

I have already replaced Primary NTC Sensor = Primary Thermistor?
The one you screw in with 13mm socket/spanner, on the righthand side of main heat exchanger. Is this primary thermistor?

However, I could not find Domestic Hot Water flow regulator and Secondary Thermistor in my install manual. I guess Vokera is using different wording against your everyday work terminology.

Just to be on the safe side, could you please give me the numbers of these components on the "Fig 1" picture of the install manual attached below.

http://www.sabreboilers.co.uk/Sabre_HE_Combi_install.pdf

Thank you in advance.

Tom

Thanks very much GG, I will follow your instructions tomorrow and will post the result.

Just for clearity, you do want me to remove and bin the "DHW flow regulator" and run the system without this component?

This means main water supply in to combi has to be by passed with something which I can make.

I speeded up and put it back to number 1, as the hot water tap was on and it fired up.

You have mentioned this a couple of times.

All combi boilers that I have ever encountered were required to have the pump set at the maximum speed!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back