Sad story ......

Sponsored Links
Yes, even non-payment of rent requires waiting a month or two to see if it will be paid, then going to court and then two months notice.

So, maybe six months rent loss which is never recouped.

The tenants are never forced to pay the arrears.

Totally agree and know people in that situation.

This country - when under a Tory government - has a poor record of supporting the working classes. Sorry but it's true.

Not true. I'm no fan of recent Tory governments (mainly because they aren't really conservative), but 13 years of New Labour government did more to shaft the working classes than 100 years of the Tories.

Sponsored Links
Equally "New" Labour weren't really Labour.

As happened recently apparently, Labour can't be Labour any more because people who also aren't really Labour complain that Labour are too Labour and are not electable but if labour was not as Labour as Labour should they would vote for them.

It's as if a lot of people want the party they would vote for to be a centre party but, despite this, almost no one voted for the centre party which has always been the centre party.

It's as if a lot of people want the party they would vote for to be a centre party but, despite this, almost no one voted for the centre party which has always been the centre party.

I see the Tories as centre, Labour and Lib dems as extreme left, dangerously extreme left, voting patterns in the last GE certainly don't contradict my view.
The same situation exists in America, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, Nancy Pelosi foaming at the mouth as she ripped up her copy of The Donalds speech was a joy to behold and virtually assured The Donald of a second term, nice.
In todays America, Barack Obama would be considered by many to be too right wing for the Democrats.

Not true. I'm no fan of recent Tory governments (mainly because they aren't really conservative), but 13 years of New Labour government did more to shaft the working classes than 100 years of the Tories.

I agree re New Labour but just talking specifically about Tory governments, I will confidently argue that working class people have historically always fared worse under a Tory government. We need to go back further than 2010. Even the end of the last Tory government in 1997 for example there was no minimum wage, no legal maximum to the number of hours worked a week, no legal minimum pension.

Sponsored Links
Back