Safestyle Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a guy just knock on the door asking if I'm interested in a quote for windows.

They do need replacing and I was interested to see how much it would be and what the payments would be like under their 24 month IFC deal.

The guy on the door kept emphasising that the quote was free and that I was under no obligation- if I didn't like the quote I could put it in the bin and no more would come of it.

I've just had a phone call from their office to set up a visit. Asking if Mrs Secure would be in when they called, I said it would probably just be me.

Them: Well, we like you both to be there.....

Me: Why?

Them: So that we can explain everything to you both.

Me: I'm sure I can do that when she comes in. Or are you going for a hard sell?

Them: Not at all....

Me: It is supposed to be a free, no obligation quote, isn't it?

Them, Of course, but....

Me: Do you know what? Let's forget about it.

Sponsored Links
:)

I still get them even though the windows and door are modern pvc DG etc.

I always tell them I have no money.

Oh, well, we can arrange finance.

No. I mean I have NO money. You wouldn't give me credit.

Oh, alright then. Goodbye.

Just tell them you are a tenant.

Sponsored Links
I had 3 companies quote on 2 doors a while back - I included safestyle in the list. The safestyle guy came round and was extremely shifty, wouldn't even let us hold the brochures on our own. He started with a mental price of about £4000 but said if I agreed to go ahead that day he could do a lot less (like £2000). told him I will decide tomorrow when all quotes are in, he wasn't interested and left. Suited me because I was trying to work out a way to get him out of my house. I keep getting calls from the head office 'how was your experience?' they wish they hadn't asked by the end of it.

Just tell them you are a tenant.

That's the best advice anyone could ever give. We lived in a rented house when I was a kid and my parents would tell that to any salesmen - I've done it ever since.

I normally do....but this time I was interested to see what the price would be. Going by 2 doors for 4K, it would have been another mortgage.

I usually give them the story that the windows are rotten and draughty and so in need of replacement, then I ask them if they do fascias and gutters as mine leak like crazy, I get them all worked up then when they ask to make an appointment I say I'm paying the rent tomorrow so I'll ask the council if I can go ahead, they quickly hang up and never ring again........IT'S ACE!

Kinda like telling JWs you're blood doner!

Over here, we have a 'NO SOLICITING' sign on our front door. This generally does work on sales but not the JWs* and other Bible Bashers*, who claim they are not soliciting. I just stand there and keep pointing at the sign until they get the hint.

* I have no issue with people's religious beliefs, but don't expect them to be forced on me on my own property, or anywhere else outside of a church.

@securespark

I know what you mean about their prices...I overheard numerous old customers of mine getting quotes while I was working in their homes and couldn't believe how 'cheap' they were! I never thought I'd say this but I do kind of miss that funny little 'You buy one, you get one free. I said, you buy one, you get one free' guy. US ads are so boring compared to British ones - 90% of them seem to be for medications!!!

I never thought I'd say this but I do kind of miss that funny little 'You buy one, you get one free. I said, you buy one, you get one free' guy.
I quite like him too - but what if it was him knocking on the door?

It's meeeeeeeee!
upload_2016-7-6_21-27-38.jpeg

Their advertisement seems to have worked.

We're trying to get a quote for some hardwood frames, and no one will quote for the job!

Thank you, but I prefer real windows. I'm currently renovating my existing sashes and other wooden windows and painting them a colour that cannot be replicated by uPVC.

Sponsored Links
Back