Safestyle Windows

Sponsored Links
I asked for a quote for garage roller shutter door, remote control, standard single garage size. The salesrep telephoned me, gave me a price £2.5K! When I said it's more than I was expecting, he immediately dropped the price to £1.5k, "we have a van in your area in the next week, so w could fit you in". Also asked when both me and my wife would be at home to come and visit us. I asked why does he need to see the wife, ffs its a garage door. I did not take his offer.

Sponsored Links
It's so you can't then ring and cancel using 'the wife doesn't like' excuse although you still have a 16 day cooling off period anyways

painting them a colour that cannot be replicated by uPVC.

You can have pvc sprayed any RAL colour you wish nowadays, grain possibly not

And you'd be stuck with that colour unless you replaced them. (Although I can't actually find our colour on the RAL colour range, but it might be there).
I like the idea that if in say 15 years, we decide to have a different colour, I don't have to replace them. Or a future owner wouldn't be stuck with a colour they don't like.

The previous owner of this house painted the windows a distinct blue, which I'm in the process of stripping off. Had they chosen to just fit uPVC blue frames, it would be stuck with them without spending £1000s.

Also, the windows I am renovating are over 100 years old. Can you imagine any placcy windows lasting that long? Me neither.

Wooden windows are superior architecturally as well, as they just look better.

downloadfile-1.jpg
downloadfile-3.jpg
downloadfile-4.jpg

Thanks to DH Frames for these photos, as you can see PVC window colour can be changed on site once fitted so I don't agree you'd be stuck with the colour you chose, I do however agree that timber looks better and in some cases like listed buildings and conservation areas is the only option, outside of that then PVC is a serious option especially residence9

Back