Safety check terminology?? (Electrical)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning :LOL:

I had a gas safety check in my flat on Monday and are just looking at the form now. I would have posted this in the plumbing/central heating but I believe this part only relates to electrics. Can one of you experienced persons decipher what the form says if you would not mind.

1. NO FSD on cooker, No chain & bayonet facing up/ No visible earth

2. No ECV in flat,

Regards

BW

Sponsored Links

I had a gas safety check in my flat on Monday and are just looking at the form now. I would have posted this in the plumbing/central heating but I believe this part only relates to electrics. Can one of you experienced persons decipher what the form says if you would not mind.

1. NO FSD on cooker, Flame Safety Device (to isolate gas supply if gas is turned off,)
No chain, cooker should have safety chain, or bracket to stop cooker being pulled over causing leak on flexi pipe
& bayonet facing up bayonet connection (where hose plugs in) should be secured to wall and facing downwards
/ No visible earth a gas engineer comments on whether he can see ME bond within 600mm of meter outlet, we are not qualified to Ze? check it merely comment on whether we can see it, your responsibility to decide whether to get a spark to check it

2. No ECV in flat, i assume gas meter is not inside flat therefore you should have a valve inside the flat to turn the gas off, technically an AECV (Additional Emergency Control Valve)
a lot of gas engineers dont comment on these NCS (Not to Current Standards) faults

Regards

BW

1. NO FSD on cooker, Flame Safety Device (to isolate gas supply if gas is turned off,)
No chain, cooker should have safety chain, or bracket to stop cooker being pulled over causing leak on flexi pipe
& bayonet facing up bayonet connection (where hose plugs in) should be secured to wall and facing downwards
/ No visible earth a gas engineer comments on whether he can see ME bond within 600mm of meter outlet, we are not qualified to Ze? check it merely comment on whether we can see it, your responsibility to decide whether to get a spark to check it

2. No ECV in flat, i assume gas meter is not inside flat therefore you should have a valve inside the flat to turn the gas off, technically an AECV (Additional Emergency Control Valve)
a lot of gas engineers dont comment on these NCS (Not to Current Standards) faults

Regards

BW

:rolleyes:

At least his post was informative and helpful,

unlike yours (and mine!) ;)

Ed

Sponsored Links
sorry BAS please advise if it is |I or Ben you are having a pop at, i was up at 5.30am to see kids off on a holiday to see their big brother and logged on and quickly answered a post, if it is me you are having a go at let me know what is wrong by simply adding a comment in bold to the OP

At least his post was informative and helpful,
Only if you were prepared to put an unreasonable amount of effort into working out which words were written by ben85 and which by kirkgas.

Effort which would not have been necessary had kirkgas bothered to separate his replies from ben85's questions.

sorry BAS please advise if it is |I or Ben you are having a pop at,
It's you, for embedding all your replies into a single "quote", instead of

Answer

Answer

Answer

i was up at 5.30am to see kids off on a holiday to see their big brother and logged on and quickly answered a post
Would you regard that as a valid reason for doing a cr*p gas installation job?

What a lot of fuss over nothing :LOL:

Kirkgas answered all of my questions perfectly. I'm not bothered whether my question were separated and answered like they was or if you bunched them all together, it's the content that counts!

Thanks again Kirkgas, you are the man!

Regards

BW :cool:

soooo... nothing to do with electrical at all then???
and as it was a gas check why would it be???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back