Salamander Pump not starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Salamander Force 15TU pump which feeds hot and cold water to the Wash Basin and Shower in the batrhroom (only).
The pump intermittently refuses to start. If you leave the tap running and go quickly to the hotwater cylinder cupboard where the pump is located and switch the electical socket outlet on and off in relatively quick succession there is the noise of the motor trying to start but no rotation. Eventually the motor starts up. (sometimes 1 or 2 clicks, sometimes (say) a full minute of clicks.) and runs quite happily. No loss of pressure, no strange noises.
If you're not quick enough to switch the supply off you can here the motor trying to start and there is a distinct brief smell of electrical overheating and nothing happens for a short while. Then we go through the above proceedure and it'll start. (I assume there is a safety cut-out operating when this happens)
Once it's started sometimes it won't start the next time we turn on the taps and sometimes it does. We have had a period of around 3 weeks with it starting ok, and then we may get a short period of say 4 attempts when it won't start.
For info, we have mixer taps both for the shower and the wash-basin. And this has been going on for around 3 months.
Any suggestions? We have had the plumber who installed it to look at it and he's stumped.
Thanks
Mike.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Have emailed them and copied the above. Will report back if successful
Mike

Hi Mike,

We’re sorry to hear about this, could you please provide us with your email address or contact number and we’ll arrange one of our technical team to get in touch to resolve this issue for you. Thank you.

Salamander Pumps

Sponsored Links
I have already contacted you and problem being rectified. Your "Samantha" has sorted it for me.
Problem is/was lack of pressure in the pressure vessel. Should be 29psi and mine was around 19psi.
Very prompt help from you.
Thanks
Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back