salamander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A salamander pump that locks out at no 3 with the red light flashing,is it more than likely air in the pump or pipework. The pump is located at the base of the hot water cylinder with a blending valve to keep it cool. The pump is used to boost the hot water only to all the taps.
Ive already cleaned out the incoming supply filter and not sure what to do next. Would i need a new pump cos this ones just 3 years old past in may, and the one before that lasted only a few months. thankyou.

Sponsored Links
lockout on 3 is water temp to high :eek: check your blending valve first :idea:

How do i do that? I take it the head of the valve must turn to vary the flow of cold water. I did try to turn it but it didnt want to move. The body of the pump did feel quite hot though and not sure if thats normal or the problem you just mentioned. Is the blending valve plumbed into the mains? Is salamander a reputable make? Sorry about the 101 questions but i just like to be sure. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back