SALUS Model ST620RF not working, light stuck on a dim red

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
I have an issue with my Salus thermostat (model ST620RF). All of the sudden, the lights on the receiver have gone blue and red (dimmed) and the heating and hot water stopped working. The thermostat has new batteries and is working fine as well. I have tried multiple times to re pair it and reset it but none of that has worked either.
8114B8DA-4DDC-4795-B73A-E6D5FF97F91D.jpeg

Any ideas what the problem could be? Its getting to winter where I am and no heating or hot water is not very good for us lol and the Salus support team are no help at all. Thank you! I have included some pictures of the units, the dark picture shows the state of the lights that I mentioned above (no solid light very dim)

Attachments

• B6C1B0BC-5663-4EFF-AF22-3C4AFBF7FFC8.jpeg
    B6C1B0BC-5663-4EFF-AF22-3C4AFBF7FFC8.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 9C2FA983-B6FD-45A9-8A80-1C42ADAB3CB0.jpeg
    9C2FA983-B6FD-45A9-8A80-1C42ADAB3CB0.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I've not come across this particular combination of faults before, especially the dim lights. However, under normal circumstances I think that the red light usually means it is in 'Sync' mode and trying to communicate with the thermostat, and blue means the thermostat is calling for heat.

the heating and hot water stopped working

This bit is odd, because the Salus is a room thermostat, so only designed to provide control for central heating. It does not have hot water control functions. So, if you don't have any hot water it would appear that something else could be amiss. Does the receiver have mains power? Check everything is switched on. Has someone turned the boiler off at its isolator?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back