Salus RT520TX, brand new, not working!

Sponsored Links
Sadly we woke at 6.30am to a very cold house again - the heating should have gone on at 5.30am. After more fiddling with the Salus thermostat, I turned both switches off and then on again on the Salus receiver, and the boiler started working.
The house started to heat up towards our chosen temperature, but then a few hours later it went off again. I re-paired the thermostat, nothing seemed to happen.
I turned the receiver switches off and on and it started to work.

More emails to the installation company who have yet again 'raised a ticket' but could not give any indication when anyone could come.

Apart from when the pressure drops to zero, the hot water is fine. It is just the heating that is unreliable and uncontrollable.

Any suggestions?

Ditch the salus products.

Get an independent company out to price installing a Honeywell, or even vaillant own thermostat.

Tell the company that installed your boiler you want them to pay for it, hopefully they will agree, likely be in the form of reimbursement.

Before accepting any form of imbursement you need to get the gas Safe cert off then and the vaillant warranty registration.

That will likely end the relationship between you and your current installing company, but to be honest I don't think you are going to get any further with them.

When your newly chosen installer comes to install the new thermostat, ask them to look into the pressure loss issues.

This will cost you more money, but you clearly aren't getting anywhere with the current company

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice which does sound the most sensible thing to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back