Sat-Nav...Again?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted something here a while ago.

I am deciding which S/N unit to buy. Guided by Auto Express, I am looking seriously at Garmin c310, recommended highly by them.

I can find it at 185 on the net. Has anybody any other recommendations or sites to avoid when buying Sat-Nav?

Sponsored Links
i wanted to buy a sat-nav system off a guy once........

couldn't find where he lived.

Sponsored Links
Yes i have the tom tom one, exactly same as tom tom 300 i think but more compact. I downloaded for £2.00 all speed cameras that was gatso /traffic lights/ and mobile/ worth it just to locate cameras alone. simple to use well worth having even if it is not used often. one of those once you have got it, its always there when needed, my daughter is now at manchester uni , its been a god send for my missus to find her way to manchester only problem is it keeps bringing her back lol

plumberstool said:
its been a god send for my missus to find her way to manchester only problem is it keeps bringing her back lol

here's a really cruel trick. set the "home address" to somewhere completely different. :LOL: it doesn't tell you the destination, unless you go into the "browse route" option. This would be really cruel though. :LOL:

I always think that anyone who needs a satellite navigation system in or on a road vehicle must be a dreadful driver and perhaps shouldn't be behind a wheel at all in order to increase the safety of more competent drivers.

and NO sat nav system can tell you where mobile speed cameras are. In my experience, the sat navs alert you when you enter an area marked by speed camera signs, so whats the point in that? :confused: and its anoying - it keeps alerting you, seemingly every time you pass a speed camera sign in the protected area. :confused: Anyway, i dont speed, i dont need these fancy add-ons to protect my license, its just a very useful thing to have when finding quick routes etc.

The other day, I had to get from Rotherham to Elsecar, Barnsley. I followed the sat nav exactly, and it took my down all kinds of roads, even tiny narrow unmarked country lanes, where "local people" live :LOL: quite scary, but i was reassured by the lady in my tomtom. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I bet it was the quickest route too.

Sponsored Links
Back