Satisfaction sheet on completion of job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This got me thinking from "Am I going to be sued ?" topic by mkb

Do any of you tradesman have a satisfaction sheet for them to sign after completion of the job to stop any complaints or disagreement with awkward customer's :?:

I don't know the legal side of it, I'm wondering if it's worth the paper its written on :?:

Sponsored Links
no we don't have a satifaction question but do have a similar idea in that we have a signature to say they have had the work done and they accept the charges.

Same here really: no sign-off the works paper, but we do add a feedback form to the documentation we leave behind (final invoice, maintenance leaflet and sas-envelop).

Somewhere in our T's and C's it says "..balance payable on satisfaction of the work" or something like that.

If they've paid, then they're telling you they are satisfied.

Sponsored Links
Somewhere in our T's and C's it says "..balance payable on satisfaction of the work" or something like that.

Ditto, well balance due on satistfactory completion of work.

I used to leave a form with all clients with boxes to tick and a comment box.
The boxes were labelled good ok and poor
The questions asked were
Staff attitude
alarm ease of use
overall price
workmanship
cleanliness

and then there was a 'would you recommend' yes or no question.
I gave up after every single reply I had ticked the top rating in every category.
Never had a customer complaint.
A third party organisation sent their own in depth questionaires to some clients and their results all came back with every category marked excellent.

If a client was to act akwardly now and it went to small claims court my previous highly satisfied customer replies would support me as a provider of excellent service.

Ditto, well balance due on satistfactory completion of work.

Problem is, maybe if they claim they "are not satisfied", you've given them a contractual right NOT to pay??

Well, they have a right then. If you're not happy with works carried out I presume you would not pay either before things were set right?

It's more to prevent stupid claims after they have paid the last payment.

But what if the client is an a***, and he is UNREASONABLY disattisfied, purelt to avoid payment.

If you're not happy with works carried out I presume you would not pay either before things were set right?
Could be a grey area, what if they found faults after they have paid but didn't see it at the time?

That's why we have a 4-season guarantee on labour - gives us a call when you think something is not right and we'll come to visit asap to see what's up, what could be the cause and how to resolve it.

The last company I worked for had sign off sheets (shopfitting) These had to be signed by the store manager after every job had been completed.
Sometimes we'd have to write on the sheets for snagging that meant a return visit to finish off, but in general we managed to complete the vast majority of jobs on time and to the managers satisfaction.

Sponsored Links
Back