Saunier Duval F30e - Hot water, but intermittent heating from Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Last year we had issues with the hot water, in that we had none. We pretty much replaced every part before identifying the Diverter as the issue. I was adamant that as we'd replaced all parts for new and we'd have no further problems. Probably jinxed myself...

With the weather on the turn, we've just started to use our heating, and we found that the thermostat was calling for heat, but the boiler was ignoring it.

I went through the flow diagram in the manual, which involved shorting some pins (which worked), concluding that the 230v Control Board was to blame, which was replaced. This seemed to solve the problem, however, the issue is now intermittent, in that it will work ok a few times, then it will return to ignoring the call for heat.

Power cycle the boiler, and it works ok again, for a while.

We have a Nest thermostat, so its fairly easy to see the call to heat. Turning the Nest to manual mode doesn't work either. You can here the call for heat, but the boiler ignores.

The only other item mentioned in the support 'flow diagram' is the Main PCB. Do you think this is worth doing?

Any other thoughts, or suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Yes get someone who knows what there doing and qualified to fix the boiler, no DIY gas advice on this forum.

Do you realise that British Gas and others do a fixed price boiler repair as well as annual breakdown insurance?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'm friends with 2 gas safe engineers, and 2 NICEIC/PartP regged sparkies. I am keen to do groundwork and look into the issues for them, to avoid wasting their time trying this and trying that.

I was hoping/wondering if folks here had experienced similar issues, so I could put these suggestions to my friends, from other experts - that is all.

Because we have these friends, it is not cost effective to have British Gas engineers out or a homecare plan etc...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back