Scantronic (8136) - set/unset via a zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to make a Scantronic alarm a bit smarter, and wonder if there is a zone type that would support setting/unsetting the alarm via a zone (rather than via the keypad). I believe there is some kind of key switch (KM zone type?) that is possibly compatible, but ideally I just want to have a relay open/close to the change the zone type.

All thoughts and ideas welcomed!

Sponsored Links
can you clarify what you mean be setting via keypad and zone?

a key switch is you turn a key to a on or off position and it behaves accordingly.
so a door contact controlling the setting or unsetting of the alarm is nuts!

I open your door and unset the alarm!
I close the door and the alarm sets!

the way around that it’s momentary ie it goes open and then closed to change state, still nuts on the entry door.

you currently set the alarm by doing what?
entering code and confirming you want alarm to set and it counts down and sets

do You want alarm to set after you close the e/e door.

often described as a final door set or e/e arming mode rather than timed arming mode. You start exit at the keypad and open and close the door to set, then open door to start entry tone.

I they want to arm / disarm via some app based smart relay ..via a key switch input ….that’s the way I read it …

probably.
a keyswitch to a relay or output that triggers the zone, that the user can control is easy enough devil in the detail.

Sponsored Links
Yes. So it seems that I can configure a zone as a KM which I (google) interpret as Keyswitch Momentary. So If I close/open a circuit on the zone configured as KM, I would expect the alarm to set/unset (assuming no alarms, errors etc).

Does that seem right?

Key switches:-

Latch Key Switch

If the door contact was acting as the key switch latch zone
Door closed system Armed
Door open system Disarmed.

Momentary Key switch

If the door contact was acting as the key switch momentary zone
Door closed, Door opened, Door Closed system Armed
Door closed, Door opened, Door Closed system Disarmed.

Above is to explain how they work.
You can change it to work the opposite way round.
Many systems will allow attributes so it only arms or only disarms.

Yup. Problem is though, my alarm system doesn't seem to do anything when the zone in in KM mode, and I open/close the zone circuit.

This is how it looks on the keypad when configuring zone 1.

I'm simply connecting the circuit together using a wire between the two terminals to simulate a key switch/relay

Attachments

• PXL_20230925_115632483.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230925_115632483.MP.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 28
U00:A03:RESET
U00:A02:RESET
U00:OFF SITE

Is the latest in the log for today when I touched the wires.

Alarm zone 1 on the main board.

Thanks, my model is 8136 which doesn't have this bit in the manual.

The KM doesn't seem to exist in an area (see the photo above where I configure the zone). however, I do have a keyzone setting on the levels now (I think this is new). See attached :)

Attachments

• PXL_20230926_072336302.jpg
    PXL_20230926_072336302.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 40
  • PXL_20230926_072355137.jpg
    PXL_20230926_072355137.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 39

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back