Scottish Independance

It would he a very sad day "if" that were to happen. At the moment, nobody knows anything about anything as regards to all the major questions and details that need answering. All we get from Salmond and co are little snippets of waffle from the back of their cigarette packet. These Nationalist toffs, (Tartan Tories), are all wealthy people, and if it did happen and it went pear shaped, they'd be off, leaving the population of Scotland to sort it out themselves. The oil rich Orkney/Shetland isles etc want nothing to do with it, they see these people from the Central Belt as interfering people, who will do nothing for them. They will be worse off in an Independent Scotland. They would rather stay within the Uk, or join with Norway etc. Google it and see.

Sponsored Links
Aye , within 10 yrs or less Scotland would be on it's knees. Salmond is massaging the figures, better than a Swedish masseuse. He sees the 16 and 17 yr olds as an easy vote. Without them he kens he's destined to lose by a rather larger majority, than he'll lose by with them. I'm sure he'll still lose this referendum though. No even a close run thing. I jist wonder if any of the electorate realise how fat Salmond has got since becoming a politician.? (perhaps he can afford tae eat a bit better than us paupers)

There are two Scots I detest, Alex Salmond and The duke of Edinburgh, FFS where do you get them from.. :LOL: :LOL:

Why are the Scots that live in England or any other country not being given the vote?

I don't want to google it.

As an Englishman, I feel I'm also importantly British, and I feel Salmond is being a knob. Just trying to secure his 15 minutes of fame !

Interestingly, if Scots did vote for independance, what would we notice first in England?

A wall? a huge tax on oil? a passport station on the border?

Sponsored Links
Jockscot,, many parents see their kids as "being used" for political purposes by Salmond and the SNP and will tell their kids that. There have also been a couple of mock polls on this issue in a Scottish university, and each time, the students voted a resounding "NO". Google that as well.

There are two Scots I detest, Alex Salmond and The duke of Edinburgh, FFS where do you get them from.. :LOL: :LOL:

He's Greek, isn't he? :LOL:

Anyway, I like him. He's like me. He's not afraid to say what he thinks - then gets himself into trouble! :oops:

Scots who live in England, Wales and Northern Ireland SHOULD be given the vote. I'm a Sassenach, and i've got one. It's shocking that the Scots who live in Wales, Northern Ireland and England, have no say in the future of their country.

Jockscot,, many parents see their kids as "being used" for political purposes by Salmond and the SNP and will tell their kids that. There have also been a couple of mock polls on this issue in a Scottish university, and each time, the students voted a resounding "NO". Google that as well.
Aye yer right enough RC. He's just using them. poor bu&&ers :LOL: :LOL:

Interestingly, if Scots did vote for independance, what would we notice first in England?

A wall? a huge tax on oil? a passport station on the border?

Scots who live in England, Wales and Northern Ireland SHOULD be given the vote. I'm a Sassenach, and i've got one. It's shocking that the Scots who live in Wales, Northern Ireland and England, have no say in the future of their country.

I suppose you could argue that if they live in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, they can't be too interested in their homeland!

:LOL:

I suppose you could argue that if they live in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, they can't be too interested in their homeland!

Och, is that a dig at all these Scots MP's in the Houses of Parliament? (if not, it should be) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Och, is that a dig at all these Scots MP's in the Houses of Parliament? (if not, it should be) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It was tongue in cheek, although I wouldn't dream of saying it at our Scottish dancing class. :oops:

I think Salmond and his cronies truly hate the English due to the way they were indocrinated at school, I went to a school in Kilmarnock, many many moons ago, every history lesson was glorifying Rob Roy, William Wallace and Robert the Bruce and how Longshanks marched his armies north raping and pillaging as they went, never did I hear how often in recent conflicts we had fought side by side and how much we had achieved as one nation.

That's right Jeds. I can't remember the figure but without the funding, concessions AKA tax breaks, (my words), they would be broke! They enjoy the Gravy Train from London and would have to cough up a kings ransom to survive without 'us'.

:rolleyes: Absolute tripe. Scotland has 8.4% of the uk population. Last year we put in 9.9% of uk treasury receipt. We have put in more per head of population relative to the rest of the uk for each of the last 32 years. Check out the government expenditure and revenue survey from the uk government office of national statistics. It's not all about the economy either. I'd happily be a wee bit worse off if it meant my bairns were being raised in a country which has nothing to do with illegal wars, and has no nuclear weapons. A country which prioritises education and health, and a country which has a parliament directly accountable to the electorate.

Don't shoot the messenger dude.

It is inconceivable that an independent Scotland could walk away from its share of UK national debt. If it were split on a per capita basis it would mean a Scottish debt of around £110billion, plus an extra £20 billion as its share of the bail-out Royal Bank of Scotland. It would also lose the £10 billion a year subsidy it receives from England.

There's plenty more on this, so are they all lying...? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back