Screwdriver bit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On an electric blanket, switch is stuck but can't find where to get drill bit to open up, anyone know what I should look for or where ?

Screenshot_20230302-091506.png

Sponsored Links
can't find where to get drill bit to open up,
Do you mean you can't find the correct screwdriver bit?
Try a security bit set:

Reactions: CBW
Remember those recessed screws are sometimes too deep to take the thickness of a typical bit holder

I used an Allan key, but it turned out pointless as the fault was not in the switch, but the blanket, wife likes the blankets, but I insist renewed every year, and all my sockets are RCD protected, other wise it would be a silent day as well as night if anything goes wrong.

Sponsored Links
My Old father in law told us "My Electric Blanket set on fire! Can you fix it?" my reply was "You need a new blanket! !

I thought that might cause a giggle to some

You are supposed to replace them every 3 years or sooner if they have been folded up and stored.
To be honest, I hate electric blankets. We just use a memory gel topper and snuggle up. Soon get warm and cosy. ;)
If snuggling is out the window, get a pair of pyjamas.

....wife likes the blankets, but I insist renewed every year, and all my sockets are RCD protected, other wise it would be a silent day as well as night if anything goes wrong.
Is there anything 'earthed' in your bed that would result in the risk of a significant electric shock should any part of the blanket become 'live' - or is it perhaps fire (due to an L-E fault, assuming the blanket has an 'E') that you are concerned about?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back