Security screws problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Iam struggling to find a screwdriver/bit to fit some security screws on electrical accessories. I have encountered these before in schools, homes, etc and have opened them using my standard security bits set but none of them fit these ones. They are the type with two holes on either side of the head instead of the slot, otherwise they are standard size 3.5mm machine screws.
I have looked on the web but don't seem to be able to track a driver down for these screws. Is there a name I should be looking for or does anybody know where to get a driver/bit?

Sponsored Links
37470.jpg

From toolstation

Sponsored Links
Iam struggling to find a screwdriver/bit to fit some security screws on electrical accessories. I have encountered these before in schools, homes, etc and have opened them using my standard security bits set but none of them fit these ones. They are the type with two holes on either side of the head instead of the slot, otherwise they are standard size 3.5mm machine screws.
I have looked on the web but don't seem to be able to track a driver down for these screws. Is there a name I should be looking for or does anybody know where to get a driver/bit?

A picture might help...

what you can do is get a old/cheap driver and you can file the head to make it fit, thats what ive done when working in nursing homes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back