security screws

Are you talking about my wheel nut cover?
I was thinking of the OP's security screw, but I remembered the RAC carry something similar for when they have to deal with a puncture and the 'key' provided by the vehicle manufacturer is not available. Hire car providers seem to remove everything loose from the car, including those wheel nut keys.

Sponsored Links
I was thinking of the OP's security screw, but I remembered the RAC carry something similar for when they have to deal with a puncture and the 'key' provided by the vehicle manufacturer is not available.
Fair enough. As I've said, the "key" provided by the manufacturer of my car is usually not adequate, anyway, even if 'available'! It was when, many years ago, I had to call out an AA man because I couldn't undo the wretched thing that I first saw the 'hammer and punch' method used!

Kind Regards, John

Hire car providers seem to remove everything loose from the car, including those wheel nut keys.
And fail to provide things mandated by law in some countries for which the driver can be fined if they are not there, but that's another story.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back