Screwfix sale, I cant find anything reduced

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I received a Screwfix paper through the door with SALE in big letters, in fact it said SALE on every page, with MASSIVE SAVINGS written all over the place..
what a con, i couldn't see any massive savings, anyone else spotted a bargain? please share if you have?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Freddies good like that; always willing to help.

But he does have a little bit of a point. When have Screwfix ever given good prices since they were taken over by Travis Perkins; Toolstation are the cheap buggers nowadays, but the quality isn't always that great.

Sponsored Links
Freddies good like that; always willing to help.

But he does have a little bit of a point. When have Screwfix ever given good prices since they were taken over by Travis Perkins; Toolstation are the cheap buggers nowadays, but the quality isn't always that great.

When was this, I thought they were part of Kingfisher, I got an xmas card off them with a £10 voucher in it

TP bought them about 7 years ago, and their prices jumped but yes, you're right, they are part of the B&Q group now, and with sales patterns changing, they're shutting down some B&Q stores, and opening up more Screwfix branches.

Well you're the lucky one - they obviously don't like me enough to send me one. The rotters.

Then I was misinformed, and you've got too much time on your hands to prove a point.

I am at my desk having a break, and not proving a point just pointing out a mistake as you seemed to think prices went up when TP took over

Banjo it clearly doesn't bother you enough not to give your details to screwfix for them to then send you junk mail lol

You realise when they ask your details at check out you are obliged to say no.

the word "sale " means nothing other than the items are for sale
if it says "genuine sale" then the item must be reduced but even then it could be say 1p off a £100 item

I think I need to apologise for my shortness Crystalball. I can look back and now see you were just trying to correct my misconception. I saw the prices jump quite a few years back, and when I commented to someone, they said that It was because TP had bought them out.

I think I need to apologise for my shortness Crystalball. I can look back and now see you were just trying to correct my misconception. I saw the prices jump quite a few years back, and when I commented to someone, they said that It was because TP had bought them out.
No problem (y)

Sponsored Links
Back