Screwfix- saving energy at home

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have only just noticed that Screwfix are tagging battery powered tools (sold with the battery, rather than bare bones) as "saving energy at home".

Are they suggesting that homeowners should charge their devices in properties owned by other people?

Assuming that they aren't recommending that people steal electricity, does a battery powered tool require fewer watts of electricity than a corded equivalent? A homeowner needs to charge the battery in the first place...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Are they suggesting that homeowners should charge their devices in properties owned by other people?
Had a customer who wanted to knock a pound a day of the bill 'cause we charged tool batteries when working in his premises.

Had a customer who wanted to knock a pound a day of the bill 'cause we charged tool batteries when working in his premises.

Jesus wept.

Did they expect you to turn up with a generator?

Had you done so, doubtless, you would have charged them more for the petrol.

And a quid? Did they they charge you for the cups of tea?

I wonder if it will be like the family who wanted to deduct a fee because the cleaner filled her bottle from the filtered tap. ?

£170 for boiler service you say. No problem. Electricity is 40p per kw so shall we say £168.20

Jesus wept.

Did they expect you to turn up with a generator?

Had you done so, doubtless, you would have charged them more for the petrol.

And a quid? Did they they charge you for the cups of tea?
Yes, we decorated a place in West London and at the end of the week the landlord wanted money off for the tea we had used, after he told us where the tea was which sounded like an offer.
We bought him a large bag of tea and never worked in his house again.
Was satisfying when he called me because he'd been scammed by driveway cowboys and I said I was too busy.

We had a customer write into the gasboard asking for reimbursement for the electricity used by the hoover during boiler service

Sponsored Links
Back