scribing larder cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
advice on scribing a tall larder cupboard to old daubed wall ...(all over the place) its a flat pack so have the panels loose,and only the l/h on show.
cheers.

Sponsored Links
First question is there enough width to be able to scribe the panel as most flat pack only gives you 10mm or so to play with.

Set the panel so it is vertival and touching the wall at the highpoint. next set a compass to the amount that needs to come off (or cut a scrap of wood) then use this to follow the ling of the wall down the side of the panel. Cut with jigsaw or what have you.

When I fit bespoke kitchens in older properties I allow 100mm overwidth of side panels to allow for scribing so a typical panel will start off at 700-750 depending on the carcase depth I am working with, your flat pack is only likely to be 600-610.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back