Sealing skirted bathtub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are plenty of tutorials for sealing/caulking bathtubs. However, my bathtub has a kind of skirting around its edge, as in picture:

How do I go about that? Should I caulk both edges? I plan to use standard silicone, would that be good for both? Is there any particular I should keep in mind for my configuration?

Note that the skirting is difficult to remove because it has a flange trapped beneath the tiles to keep it in place.

TIA

Sponsored Links
phloaw, good evening.

The trim fitted now can tend to leak over time.

if it were me, I would slowly and carefully remove the existing plastic trim and mastic, using a new sharp Stanley knife.

Then i would apply a quarter round ceramic tile bedded totally in mastic, something like the material below.

Johnsons Cristal PRG1 Ceramic Bath Seal Trim Set White Gloss

Ken.

phloaw, good evening.

The trim fitted now can tend to leak over time.

if it were me, I would slowly and carefully remove the existing plastic trim and mastic, using a new sharp Stanley knife.

Then i would apply a quarter round ceramic tile bedded totally in mastic, something like the material below.

Johnsons Cristal PRG1 Ceramic Bath Seal Trim Set White Gloss

Ken.

Ok, thanks. I suspected and dreaded that. I asked just in case there were a way to escape the bother of removing that strip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back