Selecting water softener for use with a Megaflo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I'm looking for a bit of buying advice here...

I am thinking of buying a water softener and am having some difficulty in determining the best model/type and the installation required.
I currently have a vented water system and an Ideal System boiler but I plan to fit a Megaflo in the near(ish) future so making the system fully unvented. Does anyone know of a suitable water softener for use on this type of system in a 3 bed, two bathroom house? My other question is on the issue of installation. Can I fit a softener designed for high flow rates to a vented system (in preparation for the Megaflo to be fitted later) or will this cause system pressure problems?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Sponsored Links
Keefa said:
Can I fit a softener designed for high flow rates to a vented system (in preparation for the Megaflo to be fitted later) or will this cause system pressure problems?

It will be fine!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back